Mushroom Rock

Grumpyfish

Premium Member
 Hello,I have a rock with 3 mushrooms on it.  The mushrooms get so big during the day that they’re cutting off the flow in that area of the tank, so I’m looking to rehome them.  I’m asking $20 or will trade for a frag of green toadstool leather if you have it.  Pickup will be after 5:30 at my house in north Plano (near McDermott and Custer).  If you’re not comfortable with that, I can meet you nearby. I’d prefer that you see it in my tank so that you know what you’re getting, but that’s up to you.Known pests in my tank: bubble algae, red planaria flatworms, green hair algae, and bristle worms (though I consider them part of the crew).View attachment 5096

I'm not positive, but I'd say they're either green hairy or rhodactis mushrooms (or are those the same things?). They're probably 3+ inches in diameter when fully extended.  They grow and reproduce pretty quickly and are almost indestructible.  I started out with one I got at a frag swap, accidentally "fragged" it trying to get it to attach to a rock, and now have two big clusters. Here's a pic showing the other cluster. View attachment 5125