Recent content by DeanneL

1. D

Brute Trash Can, LED light and aMag-float

Just a few things left:12 inch LED light - great for sump or small tank. - new $30brute trash can with wheels, lid and aqua gloves -$35Mag-float large. Needs replacement pads-$5
  2. D

Fluval Evo 5 AIO (like new)

Purchased this on 4/20/19 and used it less than 1 week while waiting for another tank in the mail. This is an awesome little all-in-one 5 gallon Pico/nano tank. Lot includes the tank and contents with the box and receipt. Also including a 50w heater for it and 1/2 bag of pink Fiji live...
  3. D

Closet Cleanup - Lots for sale

Disassembled my 75 gallon reef. Tank sold but lots of other equipment left:<del>Reef Octopus in sump protein skimmer -$50  </del>[SOLD]<del>Two BRS Dosing Pumps with holding reservoirs- $50 for both pumps and reservoirs</del> [SOLD]Auto Top off switch, pump and bucket - $20Current USA 36 inch...
  4. D

Purple Tang

Healthy gorgeous purple tang. A show piece in any tank.  He’s about the size of my palm I’d guess 4-5 inches. Now $140.  
  5. D

Octopus Skimmer & 2-part Dosing Package

space saver Reef Octopus protein skimmer XP-2000 - $1002-part Calc & Alc dosing package. Includes two dosing pumps, all the mixing jugs, holding containers and some NEW chemicals. See pics - $100kessil refugium grow LED light - sold
  6. D

Fish, Rose Anemone and Live Rock

Needing to sell 75 gallon established system and 10 years of accumulated stuff. Starting with livestock:Rose Anemone with mated pair of perc clowns. Includes rock that Anemone is attached to.  $120Purple tang $175All my live rock. Not sure how many pounds. Includes Huge montipora (red/orange)...
  7. D

Copepod Culturing

I've ordered 32 ounces of copepods to seed my refugium.  The package is also coming with two bottles of phytoplankton.  Was thinking about using 1/2 the batch for my sump and trying to culture copepods in a separate container with the other 1/2 of the batch.  I don't want to get into anything...
  8. D

12 year reefer

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and re- introduce myself. My husband, Ken and I have kept a saltwater tank in the living room now for the past 12 years. Currently it's a 75 gallon mostly LPS tank. I've been away from the club and have neglected my duties as a responsible reefer. But after two solid...
  9. D

Is my Reef Octopus right?

I purchased a Reef Octopus XP2000 space saver last month. The bubble blaster pump that it came with sits inside the skimmer. Actually, it kind of "hangs" in place because the very bottom of the skimmer body is longer than the height of the pump. The weight of the pump is causing it to...
  10. D

New lighting info/suggestions

I've been a T5 user for the last 6 years and was very happy with them. (They were quiet, ran relatively cool and looked nice). When upgrading from 55 to 150 gallons, I bought a tank that came with two 175w metal halides. These lights are noisy, hot and very blue. (I like the blue look, but...
  11. D

DeanneL's new 150 gallon

Upgrading my 55 gallon to 150. Need all the help/advice/suggestions I can get from ya'll! Current set up: alt=""> Got the 150 gallon tank, stand and canopy from another member. It's 60 inches long with a center overflow. alt=""> It's sitting over the in corner of the living room for now...
  12. D

Been out of the loop - Pesty anemone outbreak

Hi! I used to visit your forum quite a bit. Life has gotten busy, I've been away but now I'm back looking for some help! I've had my 55 gallon RR tank up and running for almost 6 years. In the past year or so, I've neglected it a tad. (Hangs head in shame). But it's summertime, I'm on...
  13. D

Hyposalinity

How much sea salt do you add to 1 gallon of water to get the specific gravity to exactly 1.009?
  14. D

Protein Skimmer Pump Questions

I have had a ASM G-1 (not G-1x) protein skimmer with Sedra 2500 pump for almost 3 years. It has never produced bubbles to write home about and now the pump has stopped working. I want to get a new pump for it but I'm not sure what I need. The output for the 2500 pump plugged right into the...
  15. D

Fairy Wrasse ID

I bought this at the fish store recently. First, I was told it was a Lubbock's wrasse. Then when I went to pay for it, I was told it was a Scott's Fairy wrasse (which was more $$). Now, that I'm home and looking on the 'net, I'm thinking it's something else. Is it Cirrhilabrus solorensis...