Fairy Wrasse ID

DeanneL

Membership Expired
I bought this at the fish store recently. First, I was told it was a Lubbock's wrasse. Then when I went to pay for it, I was told it was a Scott's Fairy wrasse (which was more $$). Now, that I'm home and looking on the 'net, I'm thinking it's something else. Is it Cirrhilabrus solorensis? Is this a Solar Wrasse? BTW, they charged me $40 for it. If it is C. solorensis, I think I got a good deal.

They are really nice fish, they seem very smart also. But they will jump out sometimes, especially if another fish is chasing them.

Thanks guys. Hopefully, this one can't jump out. I have a canopy and after my Midas blenny jumped out the back, I covered the area with nylon canvas (.25 per sheet at the craft store).

Yes, I had the eggcrate from HD covering the overflow. But, after the blenny jumped, I thought, "if a small fish were to jump in that direction, it could easily fit through the holes in the eggcrate." Then I thought of this plastic mesh. Do you think there will be a problem with using the mesh? As far as it trapping heat, I have a fan blowing back behind the tank and haven't seen the water temp get above 80. (I have T5 lights so that might also have something to do with it).

The only issue is it will block a lot of light. The eggcrate diffuser has really small spines. This will block as much as gets through.

Awesome fish by the way. One of my favorites and will be the first resident of my 450G!

Deanne if you have it all placed around the back and any other place they could fall out of the tank. And it is covering the opening to the overflows. Then that probably will work fine. I think the thought was you had that stuff covering the total top of the tank, which would block alot of light.

Yep sorry about that. I looked to fast. What you have done will work great. It actually is superior to eggcate in that the holes or smaller and your not blocking any light from your tank.