Recent content by chevytrks

1. C

Can you run a 175w on a 250w ballast?

I asked that question before, and I cannot remember why, but I was told it was not a good idea.
  2. C

looking for id

Found these 2 guys today. Everything is doing ok in tank, so i wonder if they are baddies or not. Picture is taken next to a dime.
  3. C

My new Blenny from swisscheese

This lil guy finally found his spot. Took him over a week. Right in the middle of the tank just above the sand.
  4. C

picture updates

few current pics from my tank
  5. C

ID's for 2 new LPS?

you are correct, they are open brain coral, the bottom one is Trachyphillia nice aquisitions
  6. C

few of my favorite sps

Hope you like as much as I do.
  7. C

Some new additions

[slimer]
  8. C

Refugium bulbs

[found these at A to T, bought in a pack of 4. gonna see how they do in a fuge setup. 30 Watt Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs 6400 Kelvin Daylight Color 30 Watts 1920 Lumens 10,000 Rated Hours Brightness Equivalent to a 120 Watt Incadescent Bulb 6 1/2 Inches Long 2 1/2 Inches Wide Not for use...
  9. C

Plumbing help for new sps tank

[180 brick should be here soon. Looking for help on setting up. Intention is SPS tank. sump is going to be 50 long 20 wide and 16 tall with refugium (custom sized Model H from Melevsreef). I have a Little Giant Pump Opwg-46 (46 gph (2800gph) at 5 ft). I will have to run my returns and my trigger...
  10. C

Id help - Chiton's?

[i looked on Melev's Reef id page, and i believe these are Chiton's. What do you think.]
  11. C

Lost sps found but not dead

[Been almost a month since i rid myself of my xanthid. I had this beautiful Chip's Acro that he pulled into his lair on the bottom. It has worked its way out nearly a month later and is not dead. Bleached white, but i can still see the retracted polyps in it. Best advise for bringing it back...
  12. C

Closed loop advise

[Since i am ordering this 180RR Oceanic tank, i am in the position to have holes drilled for closed loop, worth the $ or should i just stick with pvc. If drilling where would you suggest the holes be placed? 72 x 24 x24 with dual overflows Thanks, Kevin] Edited By chevytrks on 1111434961
  13. C

Looking for 180 setup help - Flow questions

[i am replacing my 125 with a 180 dual RR brick-style for sps tank. tank is 24 tall and stand will be 33inches tall. i have a mag 18, gen-x mak IV,(one of them will be closed loop pump, berlin sump with trigger sys skimmer. My question to that is about flow, do i need alot more, Seio?, tunze...
  14. C

Finally caught my devil crab, id pls

[YES! after weeks of trying i finally caught my reef terror! this guy surfaced after 1 1/2 years, took me a while. is this a stone or a rock crab? Should i feed him to my zebra moray as a snack now?]
  15. C

Cleaner shrimp reproducing in reef?

[Anyone ever heard of cleaner shrimps mating in a reef tank? i took a good look at one of mine tonight by flashlight after lights went out, and its midsection seems to be teeming with eggs all in it! Any thoughs would be appreciated. Kevin]