Recent content by BrianG

1. B

Need Steve's LED's help please

I need help wiring up some LED's, I have a like new Mag 12 for anyone willing to meet up and help me get them going. I can come to you or you can come to me in Allen 75002. I also have other equipment to barter.
  2. B

Tropic Eden Miniflakes

Is there any way to buy this substrate in bulk? Does anyone know of a source for less than $39.99 for a 30lbs bag? Thanks!
  3. B

Overflow question?

So I have a question... My tank is drilled on the bottom and I have a large overflow, now I am thinking about drilling the rear near the top instead, any thoughts? My tank has two 1 1/2" drains and 3 1/2" returns. Id be doing this to regain the space the overflow consumes... Thanks!
  4. B

Potters Wrasse Question?

I am having a new tank built that will measure 74" long 20" wide and 18" tall I would like to keep a Dejardini Sail fin Tang A Blue Spot Jawfish or two..... [smilie=smile.gif] and three or five Potters Wrasse Any thoughts or suggestions? I will probably let the Jawfish stake his claim for a...
  5. B

Sealing Magnets, please help!

Trying to seal some awesome magnets I have so they will not leach anything into the tank. Any ideas?
  6. B

Potters Wrasse - Need some closure

I have attempted to keep a Potter's Wrasse twice now. I have failed, twice now. I was literally choked up this morning when I found him dead. Especially because I know it will be harder to secure them in the near future due to Hawaii's legislation. (If I am understanding it correctly) Does...
  7. B

Live rock in sump???

I have 60 pounds of dead and dry live rock which has been in my back yard for two years. I now have a sump that I'd like to have some rubble rock in for filtration... Can I just hit it with the hammer and throw it in??? Or does it need to be cycled and become "live" again before I put it in? Or...
  8. B

Lettuce Nudibranch

Mine are very inactive, is this mormal? Any info from someone who has kept them before would be great.
  9. B

Sexy shrimp!

Will sexy shrimp host a rose bubble tip? Any confirmed acounts of this actually happening? Thanks!
  10. B

Reef safe screen???

I have frags and loose polyps that will fall clear through egg crate. I always see some sort of screen material used to prevent such an ocurrence, is this the same stuff you get at Home Depot for windows? Thanks!
  11. B

"best" brand for MH DE bulbs?

What is everyone's opinion on the best double ended MH bulb's? In every capacity, color, life, etc. Thanks for the imput folks.
  12. B

Local clownfish breeders?

I was just curious if there are any local fish breeders, and if we could possibly set up a club tour, and Q&A. From what I see on the forums they seem comparatively easy to breed. I'd be willing to pay just to go see the operation.
  13. B

Custom 115 gallon!!!

After reading all the great things everyone had to say about a local tank builder and seeing a few of his tanks in person, there was no question who I wanted building my next tank! Thank you for your great communication, and supurb craftsmanship. The tank is drilled with one 1" bulkhead and one...
  14. B

Flat worms on Ricordea!!! Will a freshwater dip kill rics?

They are very small flat worms and are a rust color. They do not seem to be bothering my rics but they are all over them. The ricordea are acting normal. I have seen these guys on some green yumas I have had for months with no movment so I thought they were part of the ric. I was wrong! I fresh...
  15. B

Clam Information

Well rather info on clam problems. Found this very helpful hope someone else does too. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-09/jf/index.php