Overflow question?

So I have a question... My tank is drilled on the bottom and I have a large overflow, now I am thinking about drilling the rear near the top instead, any thoughts? My tank has two 1 1/2" drains and 3 1/2" returns. Id be doing this to regain the space the overflow consumes... Thanks!

If it works i would personally leave it alone. If it doesn't i would plumb it with a durso

~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~

Well as most know its not good enough if it just works... I want it to work, and delivery all of my other hopes and dreams, lol. It has a durso now, but I want the space back. The tank is dry right now.

My 210 is drilled on the back. It still needs an overflow to work correctly.

I wouldn't bother redoing it myself.

Having done a lot of things that did not turn out like what I thought they would, I would recommend leaving it alone. How big is the tank and how much space would you have regained?

You could always sell your tank and get another more to your liking.

I too would use it the way it is. I hated that my 280g had two massive overflows eating up real estate, but it served me well for 6 years. Each one was 12" wide and 6" deep, like massive pillars.