Custom 115 gallon!!!

After reading all the great things everyone had to say about a local tank builder and seeing a few of his tanks in person, there was no question who I wanted building my next tank! Thank you for your great communication, and supurb craftsmanship. The tank is drilled with one 1" bulkhead and one 3/4" bulkhead. I will be using a Quietone 2200 for the return. I am planning on having a HUGE (relative term) sump and fuge for this little tank so I will not be too worried about dosing. This tank will be equipped with one MP10 for flow, plus the return and if need be I will throw in another Koralia Nano. The overflow will be in the middle. More details to follow!!

brian1.jpg
alt="">

brian2.jpg
alt=""> That was the tank just a few days ago. Today it looks something like this!
brian3.jpg
alt=""> Which was finished and just needed to cure. Then at the last minute I decided to have the builder drill it and put in an overflow. [smilie=clapping.gif] I am anxiously awaiting pictures of that last minute tweak.

Picked up the tank an hour ago! I will be starting on the stand tomorrow, I have a 24,000 sq. foot cabinet shop at my disposal, with all that hardware I hope I can do a decent job, lol.

Well I did'nt get to the cabinet shop this weekend, [smilie=angry.gif] I will try for a later time. Can I get some opinions on store bought sumps vs. a homemade sump? I have a 20 gallon long that I am thinking about using.... ANY comments, ideas, or thought's welcome. Thanks!!

Making them yourself is really really easy. Doesn't take long at all. If you have a table saw pick up the right blade and go for it. It's so much cheaper to make your own I'll likely never purchase a pre-fab sump. You get to design it for exactly what you want too. Which is beautiful!

For a tank that size, you could also pick up a ten or 20 gallon and have ace cut you some glass to use as baffles.

Both of those ideas have been contemplated, but I found two at great deals! Now to decide which to go with and sell the other...

It is rated for 225 gallons.... What kind of consequences am I facing if I "over" filter? I will be running a skimmer designed for a 60 gallon as well. Any warnings I should heed? Just trying to keep cost down and get as much volume as possible in the system. I am planning on total system volume to be around 42 gallons. ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME! [smilie=wink.gif] Thanks!

I would remove the bio balls and replace them with some rubble rock. Maybe you could rig it to use a filter sock on the intake, as opposed to the filterfloss in the top tray.

Great idea on the filter sock!!! [smilie=clapping.gif] I will indeed do that, and I am planning on reading up on the bio balls vs. other meterials, ie; rubble rock, ceramic discs, and a few others. Thanks!!

@escaudio wrote:
Here is the first one : said:
That use to be my sump, which I then gave to Cody in a trade! [smilie=smile.gif] Remove the bioballs, I didnt use them but kept them for when I got rid of it. I had small rubble in there. The skimmer chamber isnt all that big either though.. You can also get a filter sock around that intake on the sump. I just tied it around with a rubberband..

lol This club is awesome! I love the way we recycle things, very "green!" I will remove the balls then. Is the skimmer chamber the last chamber?