"best" brand for MH DE bulbs?

What is everyone's opinion on the best double ended MH bulb's? In every capacity, color, life, etc. Thanks for the imput folks.

I also use Pheonix 150w DE MH. I think there is a better one if you have a DE MH 250w. I believe it was the XM or Radiums. As far as life of the bulb, I think the usual schedule is to replace them every 7-8 months, but that also depends on how much you use them.

Ok, thanks! Now the "life on the bulb"....... I have a MH bulb that is two years old and still fires up fine, the light has changed temperture it seems but what is the "life of the bulb" refering to specifically? Thanks!

I really like aquamaxx or radium. Bulbs should be replaced after a year as par has reduced and spectrum has probable shifted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two year old bulbs will result in color spectrum change just like kuyatwo said. It'll start giving you nuisance algea and other unwanted growth. I would only use that bulb as a spare incase your new one goes out too early and or to use as troubleshooting incase a ballast should go out.