sps keepers

People who keep mostly sps what brand of salt do you use ? And how do your sps look I use reef crystals and was wondering what salts better for sps

I have mainly sps and use salinity salt. Growth and color have been amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I like salinity salt. I run a bio pellet reactor so I need a salt around 8-9 alk

I'm just about out of salt and thinking about changing from Reef Crystals to Salinity. Who carries it and how expensive is it?

I get mine at rift2reef. Another thing about salinity it is supposed to be mixed at 1.026 so if you get a 225 gallon bucket you get a true 225 gallons

I have been using reef crystals for years. Its relatively cheap and works great for people who like a higher alk and calcium level in their salt.

I used Reef Crystals and had no issues, coral growth and color was good. I'm in the same spot now getting ready to start up and will need salt.
If Seachem makes Aquavitro Salinity and also makes Reef Salt under they own name. What is the difference between the two other than pricing?

Salinity is only sold at lfs. Not sure about seachem salt but each lot of salt is laboratory tested so you get the results of what the salt tested on a sticker on the side of a bucket

So I'm just getting into nice SPS. I use salinity salt now. I'm running a 12G nano. I've been in the hobby for 5 years now. I stopped testing at year 1 because if you only have softies and stay up on water changes there's really no point that I see.

But I'm getting in an amazing pack of acros today which I've never kept before. Will I still be ok doing my 50% water change a week? I always get it to the same temp and close to salinity but make slight adjustments as needed.

What should I start testing, when should I test it.

I also use there brand of ph buffer but never test ph.

I use reef crystals right now but talked to the salinity rep at MACNA and have been thinking about giving it a try the next time that I buy salt (I just bought two boxes of reef crystal to use the free coupon that I got at MACNA) and then will try Salinity the next time.

Got in my first SPS today. Opened up with minutes. [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379030817.996526.jpg[/attachment]

@Sherman wrote:
The 225 gallon runs $75-$100+.You can also get a 55 gallon drum. Not sure on price....... said:
Someone needs to figure out a group buy on some of that by the drum stuff! I use it too and would love to buy in bulk. Getting it distributed might be interesting tho, lol.

@Wes wrote:
[I]@Sherman wrote:[/I][quote="The 225 gallon runs $75-$100+.You can also get a 55 gallon drum. Not sure on price....... said:
Someone needs to figure out a group buy on some of that by the drum stuff! I use it too and would love to buy in bulk. Getting it distributed might be interesting tho, lol."]
I found someone claiming they bought a 1050gallon drum for $279.99 Makes it $.266 per gallon. This makes it as cheap as Reef Crystals per gallon!!!!

The 225gallon I get refilled for $85 comes out to $.377, but I've paid as low as $75 or $.333 per gallon.

Yeah, getting distributed would be an issue. Either keep it at someones house, or someone with a lift gate truck [smilie=lol.gif]

I have switched to salinity salt and love it and I like the fact that they have all the analysis of the batch of salt that is in the bucket on the tube as well.