Question for apartment reefers

mwilk19

Membership Expired
We'll be moving from a house to an apartment next month. Fortunately I'll be setting up a new aquarium. What do you guys do for make up water? If you use RO units, do you hook it up to the faucet or the water hook up for your washer?

I don't live in an apartment, but I would think that the laundry room would definitely be the easiest. Get a garden hose Y adapter for the supply and the waste water line can be put down the washing machine drain line. I have my rodi system installed this way in my home and it works well.

Here's a pic of my connection. Washing machine connection hose (female garden hose fitting on both ends) connected to ball valve, then locline fittings on the other side going to the unit.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Anytime, good luck. Glad to hear that you're going to be able have a system in your new apartment.

I have a faucet adapter. U screw it onto the faucet and it has a small switch to direct the flow to the rodi unit

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
I have a faucet adapter. U screw it onto the faucet and it has a small switch to direct the flow to the rodi unit Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk said:
I have one of those also. My only concern is if it has enough pressure for a 150 gal/day membrane.

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
I have a faucet adapter. U screw it onto the faucet and it has a small switch to direct the flow to the rodi unit Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk said:
I do the same thing, works great!