Mitch's 210 Gallon Build Log (All suggestions welcomed)

mitch if you go tunzes you can buy the aquasurf module and run it off your ac pro. I love it it is a true wireless controller. I can log into my ac3 with my laptop and change the frequency of the waves in the tank....i would go a tunze wave box and (2) 6101's. 6100's will work but the 6101's have the option for battery backup.

mitch if you go tunzes you can buy the aquasurf module and run it off your ac pro. I love it it is a true wireless controller. I can log into my ac3 with my laptop and change the frequency of the waves in the tank....i would go a tunze wave box and (2) 6101's. 6100's will work but the 6101's have the option for battery backup.

@kuyatwo wrote:
mitch if you go tunzes you can buy the aquasurf module and run it off your ac pro. I love it it is a true wireless controller. I can log into my ac3 with my laptop and change the frequency of the waves in the tank....i would go a tunze wave box and (2) 6101's. 6100's will work but the 6101's have the option for battery backup. said:

In my older tanks, the sand has some crushed coral (not a lot) and I was thinking about using all of it as seeding sand and topping of with pulverized limestone (about 2"). What are ya'll thoughts on doing this?

use the mixed sand and crushed coral mixture in areas that your water from the pumps creates valleys....

those are the pumps unless your tank is rimless you want to get the magnets....sureflow makes after market magnets that fit the 6101's if you do not want to buy the tunze magnets

@mitch91175 wrote:
In my older tanks said:
I believe that if you "top off" your old sand with new sand 2" then you will kill most of the life in your old sand, because the weight will crush all the living organisms- so keep that in mind.

Kathy

Thanks for the sand comment. I will put the new sand on the bottom. I finally got around to taking some picks of the chiller and the skimmer. Here they go:

JBJ Artica Chiller (this this is massive)
DSCF0938.jpg
alt="">

Skimmer in my mock sump:
DSCF0940.jpg
alt="">

mitch, looking nice. i was in the store when you and i talked about the tank. I am glad to see you got it. looking good.

After thoroughly researching the differences between the Vortech and the Tunze powerheads, I have decided to get the Tunzes but will wait for the newer models to come out at end of summer. Until then I will use My maxijets from my 92 gallon (2 - 1200, 1 - 900). I most likely will add one or two maxijet 1200s and get the Sure Grip mods for them.

Mitch, When are you going to start your plumbing? Have you purchased your parts yet? If you havent, let me know when you're going and I will go with you.

I am currently looking at dosing pumps. I have read about the LiterMeter, Nautilis, and Osmolator. Which is actually better for top-off and dosing? I want to dose Kalkwasser and be able to top-off with the same device if possible.

I have a tunze osmolator and it is awesome. I have a 15 gallon container for topoff. I have used it with kalk, with good success.
Mary

I am a huge fan of the litermeter pump...very versital and do just about everything. as far as the flow goes, i would skip the mj's and look for some koralia 4s....4 of them on a wavemaker will do you just fine until you get your tunzes....personally i would only put two 6100 or 6101s in the tank as that would be plenty imho. Looks like you are doing it right and should be a great build!

Great skimmer, i loved mine and wish i could fit one under my tank, but i had to go bigger...will skim like to tomorrow!

I decided against waiting until the Tunze Stream 2s come out and went ahead and got 2 6101s and an Aquasurf for my Aquacontroller. The dimensions that I am going with on my sump/refugium are 56x20x16. I bought a Nova Extreme T5 fixture for the refugium lighting. I was going to get Marc to build the sump, but Ft Worth is kinda far so Trigger Systems is building the sump/refugium and I can get it next week.

Next purchase will be the external pump for the tank. I am currently going back and forth on which pump will be best for my setup.

Got the Tunze's in an installed in the tank today. I also picked up my Reeflo Dart and 2 Phosban Reactors. I should have the sump/refugium by Tuesday next week and will be able to finalize plans for plumbling. The Tunze's seem to be well built powerheads.