Mitch's 210 Gallon Build Log (All suggestions welcomed)

If you ca / alk / mg are good, then I wouldn't worry so much about ph. Your numbers appear to be fine to excellent as far as ca / alk / mg, so I wouldn't worry.

@Ashlar wrote:
If you ca / alk / mg are good said:
Thanks. I really like the Korallin C1502 reactor that I am using. My effluent pH is a little higher than some people recommend but I feel I have a really good relation between the Ca/Alk/Mg and tank pH.

Some folks add a second chamber to their reactor to buffer the ph, or drip kalk at night to keep the ph up. Is your refugium on a reverse photoperiod lighting cycle?

@Ashlar wrote:
Some folks add a second chamber to their reactor to buffer the ph said:
Yes I have my fuge on a reverse photoperiod. I have given some thought above getting a LMIII to drip kalk. I am trying see if it would be best to do a kalk reactor, an additional chamber for the Korallin, or a LMIII. WHich would you think would give the best results? I personally think the best results in the following order: LMIII, Kalk Reactor, additional chamber. I do have an ACIII to be able to control the LMIII and Kalk reactor if I do decide to go that route.

Someone who's got a second chamber could comment on that scenario. I don't even have a calcium reactor. I use a dosing pump that doses alk / ca solution at night, and my fuge is on at night. My ph is 8.2-8.4 normally.

*edit or maybe pipe your ca effluent through the skimmer to blow off excess co2.

I just tested my ALk/Ca and everything is still going strong. My Alk was 11.3 and Ca was 455ppm. My pH issue really isn't as drastic as I first thought. Only at night my pH in the tank hover around 8. I think sooner rather than later I will come up with some solution to keep it around 8.2.

I was working on modifying my ACIII Pro pages and thought I would share what I have thus far. I can access both of my webcam directly from the ACIII without having to goto another website. Here are some pics of what I have so far.

pic1.jpg
alt="">
pic2.jpg
alt="">

I am going to continue to make changes to the ACIII pages to my liking. Hopefully eventually I will completely understand the coding on the ACIII and make improvements as I see fit without causing any integrity issues with my ACIII. What are ya'll thoughts?

Here are the steps I took to change the web pages:

1. Make sure that you download the firmware update: http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=39 for your controller.
2. In the www folder you will have the web pages. I edited the menu.htm page only.
3. After editing and testing the pages by simply double-clicking them where ever you have them saved on your computer, after everything is fine, only upload the webpages.

Here is what I put in the menu.htm page:
<BR><BR><BR>
[Removed Link]

Replace with your URL for your webcam. When you click on the web image you will be able to see your live feed of your tank in the content frame of the web page on the left. You can change the size of the image(s), quality, etc. by change the attributes that are being sent to your webcam interface. One thing that I noticed with the setup thus far is if you change the resolution while viewing the content, it will open in another page. Hopefully this will help you setting up your webcam/ACIII integration. I was trying to get some help from someone else that had already done something similar, but no one gave any feedback.

I have been playing around with the ACIII pages some more. Here are some updated pics:

pic1-1.jpg
alt="">
pic2-1.jpg
alt="">

The pics on the menu now stream so I can get a constant image of both tank views. Before the images were only snapshots of when I first opened my page. I have been looking in reverse engineering the ACIII code to make changes to my pages to better suit my liking. On my webcam pages, I will also look at changing the color from sky blue to match my theme that I am working on for my entire site. I will post any progress on my modifications to the ACIII Pro.

Today I also added a Flame Angel and Flame Wrasse. I am completely stocked on fish (I will not be adding anymore.

It's looking good (both the tank and the pages). It would be cool to deconstruct the bin for the AC3 and get at status.cgi.

@Ashlar wrote:
It's looking good (both the tank and the pages). It would be cool to deconstruct the bin for the AC3 and get at status.cgi. said:
Great minds think alike. I have been trying to figure it out. As soon as I get there then I will see what I can do. Thanks for the comment on the tank. The only regrets I do have about the tank is I wish it could be in-wall. Were you able to modify your pages?

I haven't messed with it yet. Regarding the camera, have you found a firmware update for it? I ran nmap on it and all I got was:

PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open hosts2-ns
554/tcp open rtsp
1900/tcp open UPnP