Mat's 255 Gallon Rimless Aquarium Build

Well I finally got a shot of this shy guy. I think he has made it through the welcome committe if you know what I mean [smilie=wink.gif]

Thanks! This guy is actually a piglet. Now that he is out he is snagging food from everyone. Well its been 9 months now since the tank is up, and I thought I would take a new tank shot before I start gluing more corals down and trading them off. I'm trying to get my sand bed back so I can get a tiger gobie. Not a great picture, but it will do. The fish are now settling in after XMAS dinner. Its nice to have the assortment of fish now...there is always movement. [smilie=smile.gif]

Thank you. I'm currenlty trying to get my sand bed back. I have glued some of my chalices and corals to the rock over the last several days and it still seems that I dont have any sand bed. Once I free up the sand bed I'm going to add more sand for all the wrasses and get a tiger gobie.

No they didn't get much of a chance. My mystery wrasse chased them out of the aquarium. That is why I added so many new wrasses at one time. It worked allot better.

Well my )(*&#(*)&#()*#&$)(* protien skimmer went out and I'm already seeing the algae growth on the glass. It has been very flakey lately on and off and it finally crocked. I called my SWC store to get a replacement pump under warrenty and it looks like it will not be shipped till tuesday so i have some water changes to do. With the bio load I have now.....with all the fish [smilie=thinking.gif] I cant afford for a protien skimmer to go out.

Anyway I had some requests for a few pictures of the tiny chalice frags I bought several months ago. A few of these are from some of the great members I met here on the board. Thanks everyone. Following are the pics. I"m hoping that frequent water chagnes will hold up until I get a new pump next week for the skimmer. [smilie=worried.gif]

This is my watermellon chalice. It was a nice big size 1/4 inch frag very healthy when I got it. I have had it on a plug in the sand and after a rare chalice got turned over by one my fish and perished, I decided to mount all of these bad boys. It has filled out the plug and looking for growth. I have knocked most of the green edge off when I mounted it on this side that is showing but it will come right back....dang super glue [smilie=smile.gif]

Ok this was another nice big 1/4inch frag that I got that has also filled out the plug. This is my miami hurricane chalice. Its really nice!

This is my AKA Bryans hybride Watermelon Chalice. This guy was super tiny when I got it. Its now filled up the plug as well. I mounted this in half shade half light so the picture is not that great. I will have to work on taking this from another angle. I dont fool with photoshop and all that so it may take a while....Hopefully when it gets bigger it will show beter, but I really like this chalice.

@mtraylor wrote:
Ok this was another nice big 1/4inch frag that I got that has also filled out the plug. This is my miami hurricane chalice. Its really nice! said:
Looking nice Mat............thanks for the advice on the VHO also............I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

@mtraylor wrote:
Just couldn't stay away from the stores. Found this new beauty as well. said:
Not sure why the pics are not showing up any more but this is the one I was talking about the other day. It is on your second page abut 1/3 of the way down.

It's been a while since you posted your pigmy angel, but that twich you described could have been flukes. Angels are prone to this. I got a Regal Angelfish and had to treat it. He had the same symptoms. Hope you still have the little guy. He looks awesome!! Very much like a Potters Angel.

Thanks! I got my protein skimmer back last week and things are starting to look really nice again.

Lance6270,

That is a Scoly. They are pretty cool. Just an FYI. It takes up allot of sand bed and has these tenticles it spreads out at night to sting other corals.

Well I still have the Angel fish, he pretty much has this wiggle/twitch every where he swims. I think its apart of his personality. And yes he is a Potters Pygmy Angel. He is pretty personable, but is more interested in eating most of the time. He is the best cleaner for algae in the aquarium......over the tangs.

Well I guess you can say lessons learned here. After loosing an expensive rare chalice in December i decided to mount all of my chalices on the rock and get them out of the sand as you seen a few pics above on Jan1st. After taking a new pic of my miami huricane chalice today...I'm thinking...I should have mounted this thing long time ago. It is really looking allot better now with allot more eyes. Here is a new pic after only one month.

what was I thinking [smilie=thinking.gif]

Thanks for the info I'll have to remember that while setting up my tank. I also really like the look of your tank it makes me want to get MH.