Mat's 255 Gallon Rimless Aquarium Build

Thanks. Well I added a few clams a while ago, and one thing I learned is that after you place the clams in the sand, they pretty much will brace themselves to the bottom of your aquarium and wont move. After a few days of letting them settle in, I wanted to get the viewing angle the way I wanted and they are bolted down. I couldn't budge them with a gentle push here and there so i decided to leave them alone and deal with the way they are situated. I may change my mind later, but here is a pick of the two new guys.

Well the aquarium has been up and running now for about 5 months strong since the build started. I thought I would collectively take all the pictures I have old and some new and put them in categories to show how some of the corals and aquascaping are progressing. I have had a few issues here and there. I guess just cleaning the protein skimmer regularly is the biggest thing now since the calc reactor gums it up every now and then.

This is one of my blue chromis in front of my green star polyps. I was actually photographing my green star polyps
but this guy loves the camera.

This is my anchilies Tang and one of my Yellow Tangs roaming the aquarium for food.
This guy is really beautiful, and loves to swim allot.

This is my Bariene Tang. This is one of the most personable Tangs that I have. She actually
eats out of my hand. Of course the Anchiles had to come into the shot. The blue acents
in the Bariene just glow in the light.

Now this big boy is the ladies man. The lawn mower blenny. This is the most personable
fish that I have. Very active and likes to watch you from all over the aquarium.

These are my mated pair of clown fish. They dont adventure much away from their anemone much.
The anemone has split into three anemones now and one of the keeps adventuring away from the
pack for a day and then comes back. I guess it gets home sick.

This is one of my pipefish in the aquarium. I have over 10 of them and all different species, shapes
and sizes. They are great to watch.

thank you. Well I have over 15 different types of chalices. I have been collecting them now for some time and thought I would post a few pictures of a couple of them.

[A few of my Chalices]

This one is a really cool lava looking one with redish orange in it. I have attatched it in a cave to stop my
confusa from growing and its doing great. Its like a glowing light in the cave.

I found this guy at the lfs. It was a small brown chalice, but it has colored up nicely and has allot of colors like
orange, pink, redish, and green. This pic doesnt do it justice.

This is the "Marcel's bubble gum Chalice". This is another chalice I got at the LFS that was almost clear when I
bought it, but after about 6 months it colored up really nice.

I have a few different watermelon chalices, but this is the grape ape water mellon chalice. This is the fastest
grower I have of the watermelon chalices. The rest of them are really slow growers, kind of like my miami
hurricane chalice. Here is a pic.