Lets see your Leather!

I have really enjoyed the Euphyllia thread (and even bought my first 2 at Nextwave because of it), and was hoping we could assemble a similar collection of leathers found in local tanks. So if you have a finger or hand, a toadstool or tree, a cabbage or colt, lets see it... It's time to show off those leathers!

IMAG0586.jpg
alt="">

Got this in December for free it was a small piece, it has grown a lot [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363640090.009587.jpg[/attachment]

This was one of the first corals we added after our 75 gallon had cycled in September.[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363641818.667334.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363643984.320556.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363643998.284594.jpg[/attachment]

I got this blue Australian crown leather frag from Ron. Of course its a beast now. I figure I would take a pic and post now, just in case the fluke tabs I'm about to put in the aquarium kills it.

Horrible pic but a bright yellow fugi leather, old tank.
Matt and Lindsey have a really nice one right now in their tank. Matt doesn't know it but he is cutting me a piece off of his for me. :)

DSC00260.jpg
alt="">

Lindsey pic is having a hard time picking up all the yellow it looks like too. It's hard to capture how yellow the Fiji yellows are. Great leather to have.

I picked up a Frag of Tyree Leather from 3rd Coast Corals in Houston over the weekend and I am waiting for it to fully open. It is Lavender with Neon green tenticals.

@murphyme wrote:
This blue leather is one of my favorites. said:
I had someone on another forum ride my case that there were no blue leathers, when I used to have one & even posted pics. He told me it was the actinics (it was under MH & nothing else was blue LOL).

I have 2 devil's hands (one of which is popping off a baby...ugh, I have no room for another devil's hand!), 2 finger leathers, and a cabbage leather. One of the devil's hands is gonna have to go, but I don't know if I have the nerve to cut it off at the base, and wouldn't it just grow back? It's in a horrible spot. These all started out tiny and are boring colors.

8563460339_a2496e4f52_b.jpg
alt="">

The base of the finger leather in the back, it's extremely thick!
8563456641_9f779bfb02_b.jpg
alt="">

The cabbage.
8530085020_59563dc875_b.jpg
alt="">

The big devil's hand, which now would overflow both my hands together by a LOT and is the one popping off the baby. Pictures don't at all show just how massive this thing is since I can't really get anything but a front-on or bad side shot.
8530085112_b966bdf2c1_b.jpg
alt="">

The "little" devil's hand that's gotta go. It's against the glass & in a spot where it's going to just take too much real estate.
8399414985_58f7d72973_b.jpg
alt="">

FTS for a little perspective LOL.
8554122490_0b3cd02c21_b.jpg
alt="">

Not the best pic of the leather but it gives you an idea....ill try and get a better picture

Regal-and-Leather.jpg
alt="">

Samsung Galaxy S III

@SushiGirl wrote:
[I]@murphyme wrote:[/I][quote="This blue leather is one of my favorites. said:
"]

I had someone on another forum ride my case that there were no blue leathers, when I used to have one & even posted pics. He told me it was the actinics (it was under MH & nothing else was blue LOL).

I have 2 devil's hands (one of which is popping off a baby...ugh, I have no room for another devil's hand!), 2 finger leathers, and a cabbage leather. One of the devil's hands is gonna have to go, but I don't know if I have the nerve to cut it off at the base, and wouldn't it just grow back? It's in a horrible spot. These all started out tiny and are boring colors.

Mine is under T5s. I guess "color" is relative. it looks blue to me! Nice thing about the blue is that it doesn't drop the babies like the brown. I feel your pain on the placing. I sat my devil hand down on a rock to get it out of the way with all good intentions of moving it . . . came back 3 days later and found that it had an iron grip on the rock. As to boring, I find brown is a nice color now that the coralline has taken over the tank - too much purple and pink. I think your leathers are a very nice contrast!

Not a great pic but this is a Tyree neon green. Started out as a little bump on the plug and I was skeptical but he is growing.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993538.944286.jpg[/attachment]

Both my favorites leathers are green waited a long time before i finally found one I liked enough to bring home.

DSCN2848_zps9dc89462.jpg
alt="">

This picture give the toadstool absolutely 0 justice. and it has gotten much brighter after chillin in my tank for a bit.

20121001_223453.jpg
alt="">