Best Type of Goby or Blenny!

Aren't Jawfish aggressive? I was going to get a yellow head jawfish a while back but heard nothing but bad things about them. Also I am looking further into the Engineer Gobies (Just wanted to do some extra research) and are finding that they are cool fish, but you need to keep sand all around the rock as much as possible. Still debating though if I should go with that.

@Mikii wrote:
Aren't Jawfish aggressive? I was going to get a yellow head jawfish a while back but heard nothing but bad things about them. Also I am looking further into the Engineer Gobies (Just wanted to do some extra research) and are finding that they are cool fish said:
Ive read that they are semi- aggressive but I think it depends on the tank mates and amount of hiding spots for it. Right now he is in QT with two clowns and they kicked him out of the tub of sand that I put in there for him.

@Mikii wrote:
Aren't Jawfish aggressive? I was going to get a yellow head jawfish a while back but heard nothing but bad things about them. Also I am looking further into the Engineer Gobies (Just wanted to do some extra research) and are finding that they are cool fish said:
a big thing you want to make sure you do is to have the rock resting on the bottom of the tank or supported directly on it, not sitting on the sand. they will dig out holes under the rock and if it is resting on the sand then it could collapse.

@Mikii wrote:
Okay said:
I bet you should start another thread or find an existing "favorite fish thread". But my favorite fish is the Cirrhilabrus Lineatus. I believe a couple of our members keep them. I know someone shared one in the wrasse thread...beautiful fish.

@Kelly wrote:
[I]@Mikii wrote:[/I][quote="Okay said:
I bet you should start another thread or find an existing "favorite fish thread". But my favorite fish is the Cirrhilabrus Lineatus. I believe a couple of our members keep them. I know someone shared one in the wrasse thread...beautiful fish."]

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=102733

@Mikii wrote:
Nope, they're a little protective of there 'home', and they are burrowers. They build a home in deep sand beds 3"-5", but they're really cute and have alot of personality, once they make there home they pop out and hover over it to feed. They can be pretty good excavators so you should make sure your rock is supported by either base rock in the sandbed, or maybe pvc to hold up the rockwork. Just anything to ensure it doesn't all come crashing down.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-03/hcs3/index.php