120 gallon DAS, Gone forever

Thanks the link helped me out alot.
Would love to see this tank in person somtime!!
Steve
@bimmerzs wrote:
[I]@Bulldog Steve wrote:[/I][quote="I can not find the marcorocks prime cut rock that you used for the wall on brs site Can you post a link to it. I love the way it turned out and would like to ask you questions on how to do it. Thanks Steve said:
Errr.....you may want to look at the marcorocks website. [smilie=smile.gif] http://www.marcorocks.com/keylargoprimecuts20poundboxshipsfree.aspx

Cheers,"]

He says a coverage of 5-6lbs psf, But I recall is being more like 7-8lbs pcf. I know Im not the only one with that complaint. I will dig up my old orders and try to get you a more solid number.

Thank you for that.
I am thinking of doing it this way over the egg crate material way
my tank is 72l x 23h
Before taking the 3 inches for sand like you did.

Yea, the eggcrate is the best way. Its a real bear doing it the way I did.

So I ordered 53lbs. That was to cover 39.25*22.5, and then the overflow is covered in bits and pieces of old LR i wasnt using, and rubble I had bought.

So, with all that taken into account, you get a coverage of 8.6lbs psf. I had actually called marco to let him know what kind of coverage I got and he wrote it off, even with me telling him that it would be better to bump by a pound to 6-7lbs psf, since it was grossly under as is.

Managed to get enough plumbing done today to do a leak test on the tank. I still have some more to go for my reactors, but thats not necessarily a priority right now.
DSC00957.jpg
alt="">
DSC00959.jpg
alt="">
DSC00958.jpg
alt="">
DSC00960.jpg
alt="">
DSC00961.jpg
alt="">

How much room do you have in your sump because the looks of the pictures it looks as it might overflow if the power goes out.

I have more then enough. I think I calculated it that in a power out scenario, I would still have 15 gallons of space left in the sump.

@Heathd wrote:
I have more then enough. I think I calculated it that in a power out scenario said:
I thought you might but soem pictures are all skewed on my PC from time to time and it looked like there was just a couple of inches left of water volume.

Tank it looking great over all and love the back wall.

A little picture of the ATO system. It has two float switches, with one acting as a fail-safe if the other one sticks. That have little pvc canisters surrounding them to keep the wavy surface from accidentally triggering the pump. The hang on brackets be need to be modified slightly to fit properly.
2011-08-15191043.jpg
alt="">

I am fixing to start a 150g setup and I would love to rockscape my tank like you did. Are you thinking about any on site tutorials? [smilie=clapping.gif]

Wooo, long weekend!!!

The tank has been cycling for about two months, and Ive been using ammonia chloride to do a fishless cycle. I decided yesterday that it was ready to go. Here are a few pics.

Plumbing for the carbon and biopellet reactors, close to being finished.
DSC01001.jpg
alt="">

The brittle stars that I tried to save from the previous tank. A little difficult since I used zero of the LR from my 75....
DSC01000.jpg
alt="">
And on their merry way after a drip acclimation.
DSC00999.jpg
alt="">

And the tank, in its sterile and sparse condition. Sigh, I need more corals and fish now....
DSC01002.jpg
alt="">
DSC01003.jpg
alt="">

Started on building my frag tank stand/cabinet. Its going to be holding goodies like a co2 tank, rodi top off water, and dj switch panels. Ill do the doors next weekend, along with any sanding and staining.
2011-11-06155743.jpg
alt="">
2011-11-06155758.jpg
alt="">
2011-11-06155812.jpg
alt="">

Took some updated pics of the livestock. The Hoevens Wrasse that I got on Friday is camera shy and burried in the sand before I could get a shot.
DSC01014.jpg
alt="">
DSC01015.jpg
alt="">
DSC01016.jpg
alt="">
DSC01017.jpg
alt="">
DSC01019.jpg
alt="">
DSC01020.jpg
alt="">

Nice pictures and I have some purple up that we got at the past MACNA if you want it, seriously. The tank is really coming along.

I think I have some purple up somewhere in my fish closet. I need to find it. I do have some purple coraline algae starting to fill in, its just being a little slow.

Thanks for the offer David.