120 gallon DAS, Gone forever

Got some more work done this weekend on the stand. I need to sand, route, and stain it. Hinges need to be adjust a little as well, but the worst of it is done.

2011-11-13165527-1.jpg
alt="">

Finally got a pic of my melanurus wrasse. He has been a shy one, up until recently. He has also been great for the flatworm infestation I have been dealing with.
DSC01021.jpg
alt="">

Awesome build! Very well done. I can't believe this is the first time I have seen this thread. Looking back is there anything you would do different on the back wall? I think I want my next tank to have a back wall like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking back, I would use eggcrate. I would also have prefered to use a marine epoxy over fiberglass resin.

Tapatalk

The rocks were stuck directly to the glass with silicone, and then backfilled with pond foam. Pond foam will stick to anything.

Marine epoxy would be less work. It would get better coverage, comes in diffrent colors, and has a better working time.

Tapatalk

I bought 24 royal blue xpe leds and a 1.1x48 inch heat sink for actinic supplementation. I would take pics of them on the tank, but I cant get a good white balance and so all of my photos look terrible. Man, these things really make the corals pop. Drilling and tapping 48 holes took forever. The leds werent pre-tinned either, so I had my work cut out for me.

383195_908813763024_25302290_38648280_19123271_n.jpg
alt="">

Added two fighting conchs to help keep the sand clean, so I took some a few pics of the new creeps. Took a couple of coral shots also.

DSC01076.jpg
alt="">
DSC01075.jpg
alt="">
DSC01080.jpg
alt="">
DSC01078.jpg
alt="">

Heath, I had to come check out your thread. Im pretty jealous of your back wall!!! I am happy with the way mine came out but I like how yours seems to flow from the back wall to the rock work. BTW nice looking tank. I cant wait to setup my 90 later this year.

Got some led lights. No name brand, but throw out some great light. They are dimmable, and will be supplemented with my existing 24 cree leds I already have, as soon as I get around to installing them on the canopy. I still need to make some adjustments to the cables to get them to square up. Brackets are orginally meant to hang potted plants, but its the only thing home depot had that looked semi decent.

Sorry for the crummy pics, I was tired when I got back from hanging out with my wifes family. That, and I had a set of anchors decide to pull through the dry wall, so the project took longer then expected.

DSC01194.jpg
alt="">
DSC01195.jpg
alt="">

That cabinet you built looks like a great match for your stand. I'm always envious of you guys that have the tools and talent to build your own cabinetry.

Thanks. Its mostly my dad's tools that I use. All it took was a table saw, router, router table, skill saw, chop saw, drill, pocket hole jig, and some various router bits.

And the ability to make sure it didn't end up looking like the Leaning Tower of Pisa . . . which is what all my woodworking attempts end up looking like [smilie=smile.gif]

wow, it all looks great heath, and really like this build thread! quick question though, since you started from basically a sterile tank, where do you think the flatworms came from? also, what was the first indication you were infested?