Search results

1. K

FOWLR ... Emperor angel?

Since I've got my cherry 105 tank mostly empty & it hasn't sold I'm considering going FOWLR. Those of you that have an Emperor Angelfish, do you recommend getting one? What other fish could I keep with an Emperor? What kind of rockwork do you recommend? Thanks.
  2. K

Fire shrimp & cleaner shrimp

Since I am taking down my 58 I need to relocate my fire shrimp & cleaner shrimp. My new 105 has a Coral Banded Shrimp ... I cannot add the fire or cleaner to that tank can I? My older 105 has a cleaner shrimp already ... is it OK to add the second one? Will the Fire shrimp be OK in my 30...
  3. K

clever frag rack

Here is a clever idea! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7763909503&fromMakeTrack=true
  4. K

show pics of your frogspawn

I was at DNA a few days ago & they had put a lot of different frogspawn in their big tank in the back corner room. There were several different colors. So what colors do you have? Here are the 3 that I've got. alt=""> alt=""> This one has smaller polyps than my other pink/green. alt="">
  5. K

fragging galaxia

What do you do to frag galaxia? Thanks.
  6. K

phyto setup

I am determined to get some DARK phytoplankton like Marc is able to grow! My 2 whimpy airpumps just weren't doing a good enough job, so I dug out my Sweetwater linear air pump & supplies. Made a manifold & now have each airline easily adjusted & more than enough air pressure. Keeping my...
  7. K

Halide vs PC for anemone tank

I'm going to be switching my 29 gallon for a 30 gallon (36"L x 14"H x 12"D). The 29 gallon currently has a 130 wt PC fixture. I have not found a used 36" 192 wt PC fixture in the right price range yet, so I started to look at new fixtures. I know Jebo/Odyssea is not the best brand, but for...
  8. K

need help with brain coral

My angelfish picked on this brain coral which had been doing ok. Now it doesn't puff up much. What can you recommend to help it recover? I had to move it to my holding tank. It is about 4" under the water surface in a dish of sand, 130 wt PC fixture. Is this an open or closed brain...
  9. K

mexican red leg hermits

I was reading on RC last night that Mexican Red Leg hermits eat cyano. Does anyone on the board have any experience with these hermits & a good place to order them? Thanks.
  10. K

Chevron Tangs?

Does anyone have any experience with a Chevron tang? Hubby saw one last night at DNA in 1 of their display tanks & really liked the colors/pattern.
  11. K

GBTA split, how soon before water change?

My GBTA split a couple of nights ago. I've got both pieces isolated in a container. When they split they ended up getting into the overflow, going thru the u-tube, & finally attaching to a piece of rubble I had throw in the filter. The baby is very small but both seem to be recovering. The...
  12. K

What kind of skimmer is this?

I bought this used skimmer. Does anyone know what kind of skimmer it is? I'm thinking an older ASM 3? It is 21" high & the body is 7" across. What kind of pump/accessories would I need to make it work? Also, there is a crack (see bottom) & where the pump hooks up the coupling is loose. Can...
  13. K

tulip anemone

Does anyone have any tulip anemones? Are they the same as majano anemones?
  14. K

Methods of keeping anemone away from powerheads

What methods have you all come up with to protect your anemone(s) from powerheads, particularly MaxiJets? Thanks.
  15. K

hammerhead magnet or Magnavore?

Which cleaning magnet would you recommend? I'm currently using a MagFloat 350 & find that it does ok but someone that visited suggested a Magnavore magnet. My tank is a 105 with 1/2" glass. Thanks.
  16. K

Scum in refugium ...how do I get rid of it?

www.overzone.com/images/refugium/scum1.jpg www.overzone.com/images/refugium/scum2.jpg This scum/muck has been growing in my refugium. I've taken all of the macro out except for some anchored in the sand, but the scum comes right back. I'm also pulling clumps of it out of the water. It has...
  17. K

brown brush?

Won some frags of "Brown Brush" in the raffle last night .... thanks to whomever donated. Can anyone please give me some info on the coral? Thanks
  18. K

Jebo/Odyssea PC lights

If anyone is curious about Jebo/Odyssea lights, here is some of my experiences. About a year ago before I had started up a saltwater system I bought a 220 wt Jebo PC light fixture with 2 cords/switches. This is the older style one that doesn't have fans. I've got a fan sitting next to the...
  19. K

Please help identify

www.overzone.com/images/refugium/rockfloweranemone.jpg www.overzone.com/images/refugium/hammerhitchhiker.jpg First picture: another member saw this last night & thought it might be a rock flower anemone. I fed it a bit of food last night & it did eat it. Second picture: the pink/purple...
  20. K

Success at keeping fish alive?

What kind of success rate do you have at keeping fish alive & for how long? 3 fish I've gotten were from other members & they are still doing terrific for about 5-6 months now (coral beauty & 2 false percs). Purchased fish from LFS--Regal tang & has grown some (6 weeks), 6 line wrasse 2...