Search results

1. S

Fuse for IC660?

Does anyone know where I can get a fuse for one of my Ice Cap 660's? Thanks for the help! 8)
  2. S

Chili Coral

I purchased an awesome Chili Coral yesterday and once I mentioned it to a friend they said "oh my ~ those are hard to keep" So, anyone keeping one? Any special treatment? Thanks for the help!
  3. S

Calcium

Ok guys, my tank was running just fine and the last few days my corals, 1 monti and the rest mushrooms, rics, zoas, decide to not open or take on an unusual color! I have tested for the basics (which is all fine) and for ALK and Cal. The ALK is low and I discovered that my calcium test kit is...
  4. S

Kenya Tree gone crazy

About 2 weeks ago my Kenya Tree looked great, growing and beautiful about 8" tall. Then it started looking as though something was on the base of it and it was dying. I let it go to watch and see what would happen. I was tempted to pull it out several times fearing that it would hurt some of...
  5. S

Clean sand bed?

How does everyone go about keeping their sand bed looking clean? I have some brown stuff that builds up and I have been vacuuming it out, along with sand, UGH. I got a sand sifting star that has seemed to help some, but I still see a build up around the edges of the rock and in the back where...
  6. S

Cyclop-eeze

I would like to start feeding Cyclop-eeze (frozen).... Does anyone know which LFS carry it? :)
  7. S

Anemone spawning - 2 days in a row?

[Has anyone had experience with their anemone spawning (blowing smoke basically) twice in 2 days? This happened Saturday and then again today (Monday), just wonder if this is normal behavior or am I looking at the anemone becoming sick or possibly splitting? hummmmmm. Thanks for any help!]
  8. S

U tube getting air

[After about 2 weeks of running fine, my U tube seems to be getting air in it. It starts out with just a little air and continually builds a larger air pocket and starts putting too much water in the tank! I have cleaned the overflow line so there is no restriction there, it all seems to be...
  9. S

Reflector?

[I am getting ready to install new VHO's and I need a reflector? Any ideas on a DIY style? They are 46.5" and need to fit inside my canopy...]
  10. S

Retrofit lighting - T5 installation

[OK guys, I am going to get some T5 lights... Now ~ here is the deal I am not an electrician and the retrofit is what I need to go with. Can anyone recommend where I could take the retro and canopy and have them installed? Please don't say it's easy cuz' I figure it probably is if you have the...
  11. S

Overflow rate - How to figure

[Hi guys, I need to replace the pump in my sump and I plan on adding a squid.... How can I figure what my current overflow rate is so that I can do the math on what size pump that I need? Also, what is the recommended gph for a 75 gallon tank? Thanks for the help!]
  12. S

White spots, again

[Hi guys, well I can truly say I will Never~Ever put a fish into my tank without QT first.... this is driving me crazy! I see a couple of spots on my Yellow Tang (when he slows down enough~no he is not rubbing, just fast and likes to hide in the back when I walk up to the tank) and on one of...
  13. S

Salinity up

[I did a 20% water change and just found my salt at 1.026, what's up with that. The water that I put in was 1.021. hummmm Another water change 'fresh water" on the way. (in the next hour) What is this going to do to my inhabitants?]
  14. S

Best hob filter

[What is the best HOB Filter in everyone opinion? It will be used for a 45 gallon. Thanks!]
  15. S

Introducing fish

[I am planning on adding a Yellow Tang and Royal Gramma to the existing 2 TB Clowns and 2 Green Chromis. The only other fish that is in the plan is a Coral Beauty and Mantarin (last but not least - another 8 to 10 months~ bummer) Here is the question. Does anyone see a problem with adding the...
  16. S

Hermit crab is terrorist

[Last night my 1 hermit crab is climbing around and hanging out then I look over at the tank and see him grabbing a snail and pulling on it to get it loose! Yikes! My daughter went over and moved him off the snail and back to the bottom... He is in hiding now, probably terrorizing something...
  17. S

Best starter coral and anemone

[My tank is finishing up the cycle so what type of coral and anemones can I get as starters? Obviously need to hearty and for beginners. PH 8.2 Ammonia - 0 Nitrite - 0 Nitrate - 20 The tank is 75 gallons with approx 80lbs live rock. 1 hermit crab, 1 little red crab (that I see about once a...
  18. S

Newbie in mckinney

[Hi All, I am posting for (actually the 2nd time) found some equipment this morning in the "sell area" so that was the first one, haha.... Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know how much of a help this site is and I am looking forward to meeting some people here in the MetroPlex...