Chili Coral

I purchased an awesome Chili Coral yesterday and once I mentioned it to a friend they said "oh my ~ those are hard to keep"
So, anyone keeping one? Any special treatment?
Thanks for the help!

I have one. It likes low light so put it mid to low in tank. I posted some pics a few weeks ago. I have not done anything special to take care of it. It is healthy and doing fine. I've had it about six months. I think? Maybe longer.

Saj

Awesome! Thanks SAJ!

It is placed in a cave, basically. It actually extended last night with beautiful white "flowers"

Thanks Again for the feed back! 8)

I think that is the coral that needs to hang upside down perhaps. Anyone else know?

Yes you are correct. This coral grows from overhangs and cave ceilings. It will do its best if it can be suspend or hung from a shelve.

I actually have mine right side up, and it has been going strong for about 6 months. It does not open up daily, but does come out from time to time without reason or warning. It is almost like a special treat when it does....lol.

I have a small one that had three "fingers" when I got it with a full tank aquisition. The tank was neglected so I'm sure it was stressed. When I moved it around in the tank to a new place I touched the flesh of the coral and it immediately dropped two fingers.

I've tried it in different places and am very careful not to touch the coral itself. Recently I've hung it upside down from a shelf in low light and moderate flow and it seems to be very happy. Polyps come out almost every night now! I hope I'll see some growth in the future from it. The other pieces that fell off got pushed to the back by water flow but when I catch a glimpse of them I often see the polyps out on them also.

Hope this helps a little bit.