Search results

1. T

Uh oh... - Superbuffer-dkh

[I was doing my normal Sunday ritual of checking all the tank parameters when I noticed my Alk and Ph was a little low. Nothing much and I wasn’t worried at all…until I tried to fix it. I’ve always used Kent Marine Superbuffer dkH and have never had a problem before. I used it just like the...
  2. T

Moving a flower anenome

[I have two flower anenomes that have almost doubled in size since I got them and I want to get rid of one and move the other. My rics are really growing and spreading but the flowers are far too close and I'm pretty sure they stinging them. I've tried getting under their foot (which I've been...
  3. T

Power heads for a wave maker?

[I originally planned on using my SCWD on a closed loop, but after the second attempt at it I quit! :very angry: I had a quite 1 4000 hooked up to and it barely blew so I tried a mag 9.5 and it’s still not impressive. To keep myself from emptying my pockets over and over again on some pumps...
  4. T

Cauliflower coral - How to attach?

[I picked up two very small frags of cauliflower coral from my LFS. They were only five bucks so I figured I would give it a shot. I had them under some fine mesh ribbon and it worked fine for the smallest one (about 1/4 of an inch). The larger one (little over an inch) hasn't taken a hold...
  5. T

Magnetic ballasts - Noisy?

[I just ordered this set up off of Ebay. I was a little leary so I only ordered one to see how good the lights would actually look. It took a week and half to come in, but they look pretty good. The reflector is bigger than I thought, I'm going to have to cut about an inch off of it just to...
  6. T

Can you help id? - Covers pumps and live rock

[About a month ago I switched to South Down and ever since then I'm getting these small "growths" all over my rock. It seems to be harmless just unsightly. I can clean most of it off with airline tubing, but others are a little harder to dislodge. Does anyone know what this is and how do I...
  7. T

Coral banded - Lost his claws!

[I just upgraded my tank this weekend. In the process I was moving all the livestock into large tupperware containers until I made the tank swap. The only way that I could get my coral banded shrimp was with my net...as soon as I grabbed him he started flipping out and lost both of his arms...