Search results

1. B

Another good sized Sherman Rose from my Anenome factory. 8-10". $75 firm

It's in my sump and is shrunk due to only getting refugium lighting. I have sold 10+ Roses over the past few years and you won't be disappointed. Tank is at my office: 325 W. Westchester Pkwy #300 Grand Prairie  214-682-2199Mark
  2. B

I just "harvested" 15'+ SHERMAN ROSE from my mountain of roses. $100 Firm

It's in my sump and is shrunk due to only getting refugium lighting. I have sold 10+ Roses over the past few years and you won't be disappointed. Usually they are $75, but this is YUGETank is at my office: 325 W. Westchester Pkwy #300 Grand Prairie  214-682-2199Mark
  3. B

Need a mate for my clown. Help needed on ID

i believe this is a picassso but there are so many varieties. I think it's a black snowflake...ID help needed, and recommendations for where to get one are appreciated
  4. B

I just "harvested" another Rose Anamone from my Rose mountain $75 firm

/>10"-12" across. It's in my sump and is shrunk due to only getting refugium. I have sold 10 Roses over the past few years and you won't be disappointed.Tank is at my office: 325 W. Westchester Pkwy #300 Grand Prairie  214-682-2199Mark
  5. B

Used equipment ballasts, reactors,lights GRAND PRAIRIE

PFO LIGHTING BALLAST.  $85PFO PENDANTS. $100 EACHGFO/CARBON REACTOR. $35LARGe Precision MARINE KALKREACTOR. $150 (see photo showing 3 reactors)Medium size PRECISION MARINE REACTOR (?).  $100 SM REACTOR FREE TO FIRST TO BUY EITHER REACTOR.(All 3 reactors for $200)PAN WORLD MAGNETIC PUMP...
  6. B

2 more rose anenomies from my Rose Mountain $75 each

Whenever possible if I have a rose come out of the mountain I harvest them and put them in my sump. I currently have two healthy specimens in my Sump under refugium lighting. They have shrunk but expand to 8 inches...
  7. B

Icecap ballasts $15 each

I received a bunch of used and apparently fully functioning equipment. Lights, ballasts, reactors etcSatisfaction guaranteed
  8. B

I need help connecting my spectrapure unit to outside faucet

I previously had my unit at my office and plumbed inline under sink. Now it's at home and although I have the hose adapter, I can't connect it without having the back flow (vacuum preventer) inline with it. When I crank up the faucet, it leaks a bunch. I tried removing the back flow attachment...
  9. B

My controller had lights on 24/7!

Don't know how /why it happened by the sunrise/sunset times were ignored by the controller of my Hydra LEDs. My tank is at the office and luckily I went by Friday night and saw the tank was lit like a frickin Christmas tree. I scrolled to the easy setting, verified the timer settings and when I...
  10. B

Is it normal for there to be "dirt" in mixed salt water

I am mixing RO with RedSea salt in a 30 gallon barrel for at least 24 hrs. RO water is clear, salt is white as snow, but when I fill 5 gallon buckets and let it sit overnight, there appears to be "dirt" sediment at the bottom. Is this normal?
  11. B

How to make sure everyone gets fed?

i just added 10 lemon chromis and about to add 5 antheas to my tank. i feed Formula 1 pellets..medium and small.. and sheets of seaweed. My little fish don't eat seaweed or medium pellets. What I'm dealing with is that I have some large tangs that race around eating most of the pellets before...
  12. B

Symptom of a problem?

Maybe I just never noticed this before...but in sunrise period I am noticing 5-6 areas in my tank where there appears to be silver sized bleaching areas (patches). Not sure if this has anything to do with bubble coral death ( see post below). Lighting was adjusted recently..and increased from...
  13. B

Bubble coral's slow death

Tank's been going great, but over the past week my bubble coral has been showing slow death. I was seeing some brown staining plates ( I've read threads discussing algae grownth on plates is bad...also discussions of brown jelly diease, which I don't think is occuring) and fluctuating appearance...
  14. B

Best schooling fish for 180

I have 3 large tangs 2 little clowns, lawnmower and mandarin goby. Looking for reef safe schooling fish, Obvious choice is Althea's .. Any other ideas and how many? Thanks
  15. B

water circulation

How do ya'll determine if you have enough circulation? It was suggested to me to add a Tunze even though my tank inhabitants look fine. I only' have the tank returns (2 on each side). on my 180. I'm thinking adding a power head on each end might improve my softies and LPS's..but wondered if...
  16. B

Compatibility of different clowns

I have a large rosé anenome (12") in my 180 and added 2 of the cutest..and smallest 1.5" black ice Picasso clowns not realizing that picasso's apparently don't host. So now I'm thinking about adding another pair of clowns that will host. Suggestions and guidance on size would be appreciated.
  17. B

How long to reduce light intensity when switching to LED's?

The coral that has been living under MH's have been delivered to my tank running AI Vegas. I reduced light intensity to 50% and will ramp it up over time. I need advice as to an approximate schedule. Most of my stuff is softies. I was thinking 10% increase a week. Any advice would be appreciated.
  18. B

IV Dose pump and location of tub

As I prepare to set things back up, I'm re-thinking the location of my top off/ kalkwasser mix location. I previously had metal halides but am going LED. Previously I was losing 2-3 gallons a day in evaporate( 180 gallon tank) and used a Kangaroo dose pump to draw solution that was in a 29...
  19. B

Resurrecting my tank 5 months after fire

Hi, DNA is house-sitting my corals and LR while my office is being restored. In March they will deliver and install my new tank (180G) ...gallons not dollars [smilie=wink.gif] The plan is to deliver the LR that day and then wait before re-introducing the coral ( all softies) I would appreciate...
  20. B

Question about flatworm eXit treatment

This question is for those who have used the stuff.... How important is it to strictly follow the instructions? Is it neccesary to also run carbon and how easy is it to siphon out the flatworms? It seems it would be hard seeing how many of them are on my mushrooms. Thanks in advance!