Search results

1. D

90Gal Rimless cube

sold my 220 gallon and downgraded to a brand new 90 gallon rimless cube. here are some pics from beginning to now , enjoy!! alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  2. D

2 pairs of clown fish ?

Would it be ok to add a pair of true perc clowns and a pair of black and white clowns ... Both pair would be introduced at same time , and I would most likley purchase 2 anemones for each pair to have a home. Would even set anemones at separate ends of tank to keep stress down .. I have a 210...
  3. D

stocklist question

I came up with a stock list for my 210 gallon , would like to know what order should I buy these fish in ? (1st-last) 2 true percula clowns Midas blenny Blue jaw trigger pair L-xl purple tang 5 purple firefish Maldives lyretail anthias 5 females 1 male 5 zebra dart fish African cleaner wrasse...
  4. D

Hard time choosing a skimmer

hey guys , im stuck on wich skimmer to buy for my 220 gallon tank , it has a 40-50 gallon sump , im debating on either getting a " Bubble Magnus NAC9" or a " Skimz SK 181" if anyone has any good info on these skimmers please let me know , also intrested in the bad info too lol .... most of what...
  5. D

What should i use for black background on glass tank

if anyone has any idea how to get the back of the glass black , without it leaving ugly paint marks please let me know what product to use and how to apply it ! thanks
  6. D

is lava rock ok to put in reef tank

theres a member on here that sells live rock , ... is it ok to put lava rock in your reef tank ? i was debating on buying a good amount of rock for cheap , but its gunna be lava rock he said. will it be ok to have?!!!
  7. D

for those who want a cheap MH fixture

i just got the odyssea 72" MH 1130 watt fixture , has 3 250watt MH , 4 96watt power compacts , and 14 moon light LEDS !! ... its an awesome fixture , and my coral loves it !! only cost me 500 bucks at aquatrader.com !! very well worth the money spent ! ...
  8. D

i want something rare , can anyone help

i want a fish many people dont have in there tanks , it needs to be a community fish , nothing that hides all the time , and nothing small like a wrasse or blenny ... my price would be no more than 400 bucks on 1 fish !
  9. D

magnets , Where to buy

i want to put magnets , on my wavemaker pumps , ... they all have suction pads on them , and the pads suck !! .... dose anyone know of a place you can walk into , to show them what you need , an them help you out in person , i dont want to order online , cuz i would like to know what im getting...
  10. D

sunlight supply T5

has anyone used this light system ? if soo , can anyone let me know if its a good buy or not !! Bill at Neptunes Cove has them , and they seem like a pretty good buy ! 60" 6x80W Tek Light T5 High-Output Fixture
  11. D

came up with a lighting idea

hey guys i came up with a lighting idea to do ! can some one let me know if this will work ?!!! first off dont worry about heat issues , i have enough computor fans to run over the water that will keep temp around 78-80 !! i wanted to do a DIY lighting system with 8 of these lights ■Brand ...
  12. D

what corals can i grow with vho

im wanting to do corals .... and would like to know what types of coral i could make happy under vho's , its 4 bulb set up with 660 ballast from front to back : 454 bulb daylight bulb 454 bulb daylight bulb other thank mushrooms , what els could i do , its on a 150 gallon tank
  13. D

vho question

so i got a vho lighting set , 4 bulbs , with a ice cap 660 ballast !! ... whats the best bulb set up i should do for a fowlr tank ! .... like coloration wize !! .... they have , super actenic , 454 , actenic white , and something els .... but idk what to go with !! i like the blue look , but...
  14. D

Dose purple up really work?!

so i saw that you can get coraline growth easily just by dosing "Purple Up" in your tank every day for like 2 months , and all your rock turns bright coraline purple ! .... is this true?
  15. D

150 gallon fish idea. Good or Bad?

im setting up a 150 gallon tank and would like some opinions on if my fish list is good ? Fish: 1- Powder blue tang 1-powder brown tang 5-purple pseudochromis 8- orange lined chromis 2- black clown fish (pair) 1-Regal tang (blue hippo) 2- moorish idols 8- cleaner shrimp Keep in mind this is...
  16. D

Lighting question!!

if i do 2 MH 250 Watts 20K bulbs on a fowlr 150 gallon tank , do i have to get a chiller ? ... it will be under a canopy , so will the lighting heat up water too much
  17. D

is my fish list good ?

i have a 95 gallon reef bowfront and have a foxface rabbitfish , yellow tang, desjardini sailfin , hawiian blonde naso. im wanting to put new fish in and would like to know if my list is good to go with fish i have ? powder blue tang flame angel 3 purple firefish 2 royal gramma 2 black clown...
  18. D

what corals go with trigger fish?

i have a 3 triggers in my tank only coral i have right now is gsp , mushrooms 1niger 6in 1picasso 4in 1clown 3in