Search results

1. E

Kenya Tree and sand placement?

So I just received a pretty good sized kenya tree. Can I just bury the base in the sand or does it need to be attached to live rock with the base being out of the sand?
  2. E

Will this lighting work? LED?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-Aquarium-LED-Light-Freshwater-Marine-Cichlid-9x-1-Watt-11-Clamp-/290650141058?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ac193182#ht_1635wt_802 Was looking to start a 10 gallon tank with just some sps and maybe lps.... Would this lighting be enough for it...It says only 9...
  3. E

Super Glue Gel-walkthrough

Okay so I always hear about using the super glue gel in the aquarium to keep stuff in place... So is it as easy as you putting the super glue on the frag then putting it on the LR where you want it to be glued or do both objects have to be out of the water and then adhere them together then...
  4. E

Just bought a Frogspawn...Advice?

So I haven't messed around with a frogspawn before but my pulsing xenias are just about to outgrow my tank so I figured it will do well! My question is where should it be in my tank I've tried to put it mid level but I just can't get it to stuck to any of my rock work... It came attached to a...
  5. E

Any suggestions on where to buy True perculas!

I live nearly 2 hours away from grapevine! I've been to Neptunes and aquatic design, which were both great! I was just wondering where everyone likes to buy fish! I'm needing a True percula for my other True Perc
  6. E

Regal tang has clear chest hair ?

So I just noticed that my regal tang that is about 1-1.5 years old that is growing like a weed and getting much bigger! That it looks like he has clear chest hair? Its like little clear spikes coming from the underside of the belly? Any ideas?
  7. E

Pulsing Xenas determining water changes.

I've heard that if your xenias are doing great and pulsing like crazy and multiplying then your tank has stable parameters? Is this accurate for fish and coral? Any time that I do a water change my xenias shrivel up to about 60% and look like they are melting! Thus when they are doing great and...
  8. E

Orchid Dottyback teeth hanging out & white spot

So I've notice that my orchid dotty back has been rather ayy sticky I suppose...Some particles will stick to his skin, sometimes making me think he has ich because its white spots, but it can easily be removed if he swims off real fast. I have a regal tang in the tang as well and I would think...
  9. E

Adding a new clownfish?

So I recently lost one of my two true percula clownfish. I would like to add another so I could possibly get a mated pair... Any suggestion on how to do this? I believe the one I have now left is the female and the one I lost was the male...even though they never had any babies or laid eggs...
  10. E

Cleaner shrimp dead?

Well I've had him for about 2 years as long as my tank has been established.. he was almost 3 inches long, very healthy, ate regular... no signs of illness. My worry is this... Where I found him in the sand there is also a dead conga snail. Which concerns me that maybe there is a spike of...
  11. E

Jellyfish? Anyone?

So I'm thinking I may venture into some jellyfish. I haven't really researched much on it, but I seen where Plano Pets has some in.. Any one here on the boards have them or had any experience with them I'm thinking I could probably build a small tank myself and doesn't look like they would need...
  12. E

Mushrooms staying shrunk...

Soooo before I had 2X 12k T5's and 2X Actinics...39 whats per bulb... The mushrooms where always big and always reproducing....then the lights were getting about a year old and the mushrooms began to shrink...So I replaced the bulbs with 2X10k super daylight T5's and 2XActinics-39 watts per...
  13. E

Best way to get rid of dead heads of zoanthids?

Sooo I have about 6 or 7 dead heads of zoanthids on my main colony and they are so ugly.... Whats the best way to remove these ugly things?
  14. E

My Seahorses eating out of my hand!

Well I have had them about 4 months now, and they seem to be doing great cf Kudas and I believe I have two females! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRLX1q7xHyE
  15. E

ID: is this a red linkia??

alt=""> I have looked at other linkias and this doesnt reakky have the rounded body like the ones I have seen...maybe petco mislabeled>? anyone here have one?? I just purchased one from petco today and put him in... any advice?
  16. E

RO/DI water alternate?

is there such thing as a water better then tap water but not as good as RO/DI water I have no local sources of a RO/DI unit and I was just wondering if there is such water better then tap water that I can use other then RO/DI water ?? Distilled? Spring? ...?
  17. E

update on my ponies!

they are doing great and happy and very healthy! alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  18. E

re-cycled with live sand??

Sooo I had the seahorse tank cycled for about 2 months, then I decided to add sand which is now diatoms infested -just about completely brown... was it possible to set another cycle off.. its a 10 gallon I added one bag of the Caribbean sea live sand.---it's been in the tank for approximately 2...
  19. E

Getting my 2 Hippocampus cf kuda Friday!

Soooo I got the tank set-up and just waiting on the two seahorse's to come in on Friday! I'm sure I'll be blowing up the forum with all kinds of questions! Wish me luck!
  20. E

Sea fans??? anyone?

So I just bought a beautiful large Sea fan from neptunes!! anyone had success keeping one?