update on my ponies!

they are doing great and happy and very healthy!
f2894f91.jpg
alt="">
c5426b74.jpg
alt="">
edaa5337.jpg
alt="">
2a63b085.jpg
alt="">
57003fe3.jpg
alt="">
0dd6b3b1.jpg
alt="">

Way cool.....I really like them. They could be hypnotic to watch! You recently set this up, didn't you?

I purchased them from live aquaria about two weeks ago! for only $19.99 per seahorse! soo with tax and shipping it cost $74
Well the tank it self has been set up since october, it was my QT for the time, and then I converted it to the seahorse tank a little less then a month ago!
Everything is going good though!
They both have very healthy appetites!
They are tank bread and trained to eat frozen mysis.
I can't tell yet if for sure If I have a mated pair...I know for sure probably a female, but I think I may have a female and a male! "time shall tell"
@txbj They are very hypnotic to watch...Their very peaceful and playful!

hmmm...I have a 14G biocube QT tank....will have to give this some thought. I like the names you gave them. Can you tell them apart?

very much so!
one always has the little black speckles on him which could be considerd a sign that he is male....Zeus!
Xenius is smaller and I do believe she is the female!
It's really not that hard to take care of them! but if you can't make the time , I dont advise you doing so !:)

They are quite easy to take care of and really much more enjoyable then my fish!
They are in a 10 gallon for now..
They are growing quite quickly so I'm on the lookout for something bigger!

awesome critters! i soooo wish i could set up a species only tank for a pair. great pics too, thanks for sharing!

My horses are about 2 months old!
Still healthy and happy!!
Zeus was the only photogenic one tonight!
Xenius is still doing well, she is much smaller then Zeus though
I'm still not sure if Zeus is male or female!!?

3c5fb647.jpg
alt="">
83c14037.jpg
alt="">
c035f1ea.jpg
alt="">

Just stunning congrats..How do you get any work done... I would be starring at them all day [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif]

Check against their guide.

One is clearly female, hard to tell with the other with the photos posted.

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/anatomy.shtml

If the top photo on the Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 pm post is Zeus, she needs a gender corrected name.

Usually they need to be 4-5 months before you can be sure of the gender. Any recent updates and we could tell for sure!