Search results

1. A

Dipping corals

Hello, I am about to break my tank down in a few minutes to dip some zoas. I have discovered some zoo eating Nudi's in my tank and want to attack the problem before it gets any worse (plus I want to redo my aquascape. I have two questions. 1) What cannot be dipped in what. for example, I...
  2. A

Help! How to add a frag tank to my system

Hello everyone, I have an empty 29gallon biocube that I am using to mix saltwater right now but I really want to add this onto my 90 gallon reef tank somehow to use as a frag tank. It would also add some water volume to my system. I have run the plumbing for my chiller through the wall into...
  3. A

Best PH Meter for the money?

I am looking to buy a ph monitor/controller. Has anyone had better experience with one model over another. I am planning on getting a Neptune controller and calcium reactor at some point so do I need a monitor or controller? Thanks, Dan
  4. A

I need some help with brine shrimp.

I made a hatchery the other day and have had it running for about 30 hours. I have a ton of little brine now but they are really small. How long are you supposed to wait before draining them. There are still a lot of eggs in there too... thanks..
  5. A

Kalkwasser question

Last night I mixed up a teaspoon of Kent Kalk powder in a gallon sized container full of RO/DI water. I have let it sit overnight but I am new to this and I don't know if it is ready. According to the directions there should be a crust on top, a clear layer below that, then a milky and powder...
  6. A

Baking soda and lime water?

I have been browsing through posts in the this thread and I have noticed a few people mention using lime water or baking soda in top off water. Is this just to maintain KH and where can I find some more information? When I try to search this it says it is too common....Thanks
  7. A

Skimmer question

My friend told me he only runs his skimmer about 6 hours a day.. I have a triggers systems setup and the skimmer is external. It works great and always pulls skimmate. Should I put this on a timer? He was speculating that was why my acans tentacles hardly come out. It is fed by a mag 5...
  8. A

Best Calcium Reactor for the money

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on what calcium reactor to buy. I have a 90 gallon reef tank with all kinds of corals and fish. I have used reef complete in the past but Im ready to upgrade and I have $500 to spend. I want to do as little maintenance as possible and...