Search results

1. O

Tank Flow and Setup Questions

Hey Guys, I have had SW tanks before, been on here awhile, got out of SW early this year. Now.... Im back in. I am currently setting up a nano tank right now, I figure if I can deal with all the nano issues that starting my 75 back up won't be a big deal. Was hoping to get some suggestions...
  2. O

Mantis shrimp Eggs??? Help

Ok so I got a mantis shrimp about 2 weeks ago, everything has been going well till today I notice something under her. I was pretty sure it was eggs but after looking up pictures on google, my girl definately has eggs. So, I didnt find much about their eggs and care of young other than the young...
  3. O

White Growth on Live Rock

Hey Everyone, Returned from work this morning (24 hour shift) to find a white growth all over a piece of live rock that has mushrooms on it. I touched it and it broke apart and dissolved in the water. It almost looks like a calcium buildup. Anyone idea what this is? Do i need to get it away from...
  4. O

His n Her Picotopes

I had been planning on adding a 3 gallon picotope to my slowly growing saltwater addiction and then my girlfriend decides she wants one too. So, I had already picked up a cycled pico from Matt and I ordered a new one for me. Hers: After my 14BC finshes its cyano die-off, the coral will be...
  5. O

Filtration for brine shrimp tank

Hey Everyone, So I was doing some pre-thanksgiving cleaning and I found a batch of BS eggs that I thought I had lost. Since I have been feeding some live brine shrimp from my LFS I thought I would go ahead and try to hatch some out- more to see if I could do it. Well, it worked. Probably at...
  6. O

14g Biocube build ... first sw tank

Hello Everyone, Just a little note before I show my build. I have been keeping tanks for a few years and I finally decided to try my luck with a saltwater setup.I opted to get an all-in-one system and attempt to keep a nano before I decide to convert my large tank (odd sized 140g) or not...