Filtration for brine shrimp tank

Hey Everyone,
So I was doing some pre-thanksgiving cleaning and I found a batch of BS eggs that I thought I had lost. Since I have been feeding some live brine shrimp from my LFS I thought I would go ahead and try to hatch some out- more to see if I could do it.
Well, it worked. Probably at least a hundred thousand babies in the tank now. My question is, is there any way to set up a filtration system that wont suck them up and kill them all. I thought about just a power filter and putting the intake inside a net breeder. Then covering the intake with a mesh filter media bag. Hoping this would spare most of them, although I wont start the pump until they are a few days old and hopefully big enough to not get filtered :D
If anyone has any ideas, it'd be appreciated.

mini-DSC02768.jpg
alt="">

mini-DSC02769.jpg
alt="">

I will try the sponge filter.

I do have a hatchery, I should have been more clear this is for a grow out tank. I know they mature in a short time, while my fish will munch on the babies I would like to grow some out.

Thanks everyone.

Do you enrich the brine before you feed your fish? If so what do you use?

Your idea about the brine net over the filter is a good one but you might try a sieve or breeder cage.
I use a sieve that has a 120 micron net material, hang it in the tank and siphon the water out from inside that. This gives you a larger filter area because when you use your power filter they may get clogged in the net material of a brine shrimp net and it might be more trouble than it's worth. With the nylon sieve I get very few, if any, artemia or rotifers stick to it.
A cheap fast fix is to go to Petsmart and ask them for a breeders cage. It's a plastic box with netting for about $4-$5. You can hang this in the tank and put your hose in it to keep the brine from getting sucked up. You will get a lot stick to it if you remove it but if you wait till they've settled it might work but they netting is not too tight so it might work for water changes but not for full time pre-filtering.

Your power filter may be a much better biological filter than the bubble filter to handle ammonia and nitrite but it might not provide enough air so IMO you should run both.