Search results

1. M

Bare Bottom JBJ 30 Rimless

My 20 Long has been running for a solid 1.5 years so I decided to mix it up and see how everything would look in a BB 30G JBJ. I moved everything over on 1/1/13. Only loss after the move was the Hawkins. Everything else is running smooth accept for the SRBTA getting enormous! FTS 1/1/13...
  2. M

Is 1 Red LED too much for a 20L?

I just added a couple UV and 1 red LED to my fixture. The red is right above my crocea and it has since hid itself under a ledge. Could 1 red be too much? It's running at 650 mah, maybe that's too much?
  3. M

My 6.6 G Nano in 90 Contest Entry

If anybody is looking to start a Nano now is a good time. Reef2Reef is holding a new contest with the winner receiving a JBJ 28G Advanced LED Tank. More details here - http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-90-build-off-competition/85555-reef-2-reef-com-nano-90-a.html Being my normal "Thrifty"...
  4. M

Upflow Algea Scrubber

Just curious if anybody is thinking about trying upflow algea scrubber? Seems like a cool new twist on the old waterfall version. Here is the design link - http://algaescrubber.net/forums/showthread.php?1687-The-new-Upflow-Algae-Scrubber-(UAS)
  5. M

M@'s Key Lime Pico

My Key Lime Pico is going to be built around a Florida Wennerae Mantis shrimp with all green corals. The tank is a 5.5 gallon with a 1.5 gallon AIO section. Lighting will be a budget build DIY setup. [[<u>The Tank</u>]] 5.5 Gallon $15 Piece of Acrylic $5 value, free...
  6. M

Drilling Tank - Hole Location Help Needed

I picked up an Oceanic 33G cube and I've decided to take the plunge and drill the tank. After much research I've decided to go with a "Herbie" Style drain. What I can't find is the best place to drill the holes. How does this setup sound? 10" Box, Holes 2" from the top with drains 8" apart...
  7. M

I caught an STD - Flatworms!

Everything has been going very smooth in my 20 gallon slice of the ocean until today. My lights turned on to flatworms covering my glass. [smilie=crying.gif] Is flatworm exit the way to go?
  8. M

Tom's Lifter and JBJ ATO Problem

Alright I am leaving town for 9 days next Monday and decided to stop messing with DIY ATO's and just buy the JBJ ATO. I did some research and many people recommended the Tom's Lifter for a pump. I got everything setup and all is well accept the pump will not start on it's own. The last two days...
  9. M

Aragocrete - Pros/Cons - Anybody made any recently?

I'm contemplating the idea of building Aragocrete rocks for my connected 70 gallon tanks. Not only for the cost but I also like the idea of creating some one of a kind structures. Does anybody have experience making there own aragocrete? I searched the boards but there was nothing recent. I...
  10. M

What to do with 2x - 36"L x 30"W x 17.25T & 4" side holes?

I just picked up two 36" L x 30" w x 17.25 t all glass tanks with 1 5/8" drains and 4" drains on the side and I'm trying to figure out how to set them up. My finances are really slim at the moment so this is going to be a really slow built but that is probably a good a thing (only been reef...
  11. M

Cleaning used pumps?

I'm picking up a couple used pumps but don't plan on using them right away. What do y'all recommend for cleaning them prior to storage.
  12. M

Need a saphire skimmer?

Copied this from nano-reef.com Hello all, my name is Keith Cardin. I was the contractor who built the nano skimmers for Sapphire Aquatics. When he went out of bussiness I was left with alot of material and all the jigs to build these units. Plus a good deal of money that he owed me. If there is...
  13. M

Extra shells for hermits around Plano?

One of my hermit crabs is on a mad rampage attacking my other snails and hermit crabs. I am guessing he wants a new shell (even though he is attacking smaller crabs too). Where is a good place to pick up some extra homes? Thanks, M@
  14. M

New to Texas - Soon to be new to Nano

Hi All, Just making a quick post to say hello. I recently moved to Texas (September) and have been wanting to build a nano for a while. I'm having a new house built that will be done in early February so I figure what better time to built a setup than with a new house! Right now I am just...