Search results

1. L

anyone have a pin out or instruction manual

i am in need of a ballast pin out diagram or instruction manula for a hamilton 3 x 175 watt metal halide ballast. i can get teh fans working on it but not the lights, i am sure it has something to do withthe way i have it wired but my internet search resulsts have yileded nothing nor have my...
  2. L

chiller question

i have a question in regards to a chiller, it is a via aqua cc-25 chiller and the question i have on it is this: when i fill it with water, plug it in, and turn it on i get EL on the display and it makes a beeping noise (not a long continuous beep but a repeating short beep), i also dont hear...
  3. L

older oceanic RR tank

anyone have any experiance with the older 110 gallon oceanic reef ready tank? i recently got one of these with teh square corner overflow boxes but need some input. first i need to know where i can get a center brace (the original 1/2" thick 12" x 17" brace is missing), second i need to know...
  4. L

lost my prize fish today

yep, i lost my naso tang today, he was healthy and happy for almost a year and he started to get a little ill, i was trying to get the funds up for some medication to treat him but unfortunatley the economy and i guess distance cause fund raising issues adn at 12:00 P.M. this evening my naso...
  5. L

quick question

although this would be more of a fo tank type of question i figured i would try it in the reef discussion first. i have read on numerous sites and in numerous books that 2 lionfish (2 volitans) should not be kept in the same tank. does anyone know if this is true or if it is possible and if it...
  6. L

question about acrylic sheet

anyone have any 1/4 " thick acrylic sheet lying around they would part with (also in need of some weldon if you can spare it). i am looking to build a sump/refugium and i have the -plans laid out in my head but am short on the materials. the outside measurements are 32Lx17dx16h [/url]
  7. L

considering sea horses

i am considering having 1 or 2 seahorses, i would have them all alone by themselves in a tank. i DO NOT want to raise them. that said, should i have just one? i have a wrasse (rainbow?) that i know females can change there sex to male if i had a few of them). do seahorses also do this? i...