older oceanic RR tank

anyone have any experiance with the older 110 gallon oceanic reef ready tank? i recently got one of these with teh square corner overflow boxes but need some input. first i need to know where i can get a center brace (the original 1/2" thick 12" x 17" brace is missing), second i need to know what diameter are the overflows in it? i have the bulkheads in the tank and which it has 1" threaded drain and 3/4" threaded returns. so are the drains 1" all the way or are they reduced down to 1" from like 1 1/2"?

Best bet on the center brace is a local glass shop.

If your tank is like mine, the drain holes are cut for 1" bulkheads. I not sure what you mean by being reduced down--it's just a standard 1" bulkhead. I think the stock drain pipe is 1" as well, but I tossed that many years ago.

ok i was wondering because i made mine for my 90 and it is 1.5" pvc standpipe and it is reduced to 1" for the bulkheadadn all plumbing under the tank is 1", while my return is a peice of 1 " pvc that reduces to 3/4" out for 3/4" loc-line. i was wondering if i should do the same thing with this one, i hve seen an article that it is suppose to be 1.25" reduced at the bulkhead to 1" but that is all i have seen.

another thing i am curious about is what return pump i would use for it, my 90 has a mag 7 and is a single overflow adn i was wondering if i needed a more powerful retun pump since the tank is dual drain and sual returns. i am checking glass shops but none of them so far carry half inch thick glass in stock

Oh, didn't realize we were talking about standpipes. I made some home made standpipes that reduce from 1.5" to 1". They work fine. I don't know if 1.25" pipe would work or not. I bet it would, but it might depend on flow rate.

You could probably use a bigger pump, but I don't know if you *need* one. I run about 900gph in my system.

I'm surprised you can't find 1/2" glass. If all else fails you might try Deep Sea Aquatics. From what I hear, many of the guys that used to build Oceanic's work there now.

ok so i can make both standpipes 1.5 as the th one on my 90? and teh question on the pump is that my 90 is a single overflow running a mag 7 for return and my drain is running wide open without being choked down any at all , i would like to also do this on the 110 but i am unsure as to what pump to use becasue it is a dual instead of a single adn i want it to run wide open without having to choke it down. so what pump would you say for both drain standpipes at 1.5 inch (with the reduction to 1 inch at the bulkhead with all drain plumbing under the tank being 1 inch adn having the 1 3/4 inch returns all of the plumbing for teh returns in tank and under is going to be straight 3/4"?

I once had a mag 18 running on that tank, but never with the standpipes, but I bet it would work. You might even be able to go higher. HTH.