Search results

1. T

Plenum  ?

[Anyone using a Plenum now or have any experience with then. any info on this would be great. Thanks Todd]
  2. T

Closed loop setup ?

[What exactly is a "closed loop" and what are the benefits/purpose. I have some idea of what it is but not sure I know all the details. Thanks Todd]
  3. T

Coral reference

[Anyone have a good online source for coral info. name, care, hardiness, compatiblity etc. Thanks Todd]
  4. T

Adding new livestock to your tank ?

[When adding new livestock to my tank should I be discarding the water it comes in from the store or just add it to my tank. I assume the water is of high quality from the LFS but who knows what I am getting. What is the best way to acclimate new livestock?? I know float to get temp. the...
  5. T

Amphipods, copepods and refugium ?

[If my refugium is under my tank and I use a submersible pump to return the water back to the main tank, will the pump kill all the Amphipods and copepods before they make it to the tank.]
  6. T

Acrylic source  ?

[Looking for a good acrylic source. I am building a refugium and needs some acrylic to make dividers with. I am using a 20 or 30 gal oceanic glass tanks as the body of the refugium. Also what would be a good bond to use for the glass to acrylic connections. Thanks Todd]
  7. T

Metal halide defined ?

[Anyone have a good internet source I can read all about MH. Explaine the differance in all the K's, radium, wattage etc. Trying to decide what to use and not sure I know all I need to know to make a good decision. I am looking at putting this on a large tank and want to make sure I get it...
  8. T

Sump/refugium

[I have a 265 gal tank that I am going to be setting up as a reef. Should I consider a wet/dry trickle filter with sump and then a seperate refugium, basically two stand alone units, or should I use a combo refugium wet/dry filter all in one unit. The way this tank in drilled at the top on...
  9. T

Lighting question

[I have a 78"x28"x28" size tank, which makes it about 265 gal. Should I use 400W MH or 250W MH with this depth. Also do I need two or three lamps for the length. Lastly do I need two or four 72" Actinic 03 VHO supplement for the MH. Thanks Todd]
  10. T

What to test for ?

[For the highest/best water quality what should I be testing for. I know for sure ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, and phosphate. Any other suggestion that I should be sure and keep an eye on. Thanks Todd]
  11. T

Tank raising soft coral

[I have two 250 gal tanks that I would like to set up and try and tank raise soft coral. Anyone out there have an experience with this or can give me any info, advice, tips, sources of reading, the ease of or difficulty of. I have several years of experience with a single reef tank, but no...