Tank raising soft coral

[I have two 250 gal tanks that I would like to set up and try and tank raise soft coral. Anyone out there have an experience with this or can give me any info, advice, tips, sources of reading, the ease of or difficulty of. I have several years of experience with a single reef tank, but no real experience with tank raising coral. I now have the space and hardware to try this. Please email me at thehurts@swbell.net
or post a responce here

Thanks

Todd]

@thehurts wrote:
[I have two 250 gal tanks that I would like to set up and try and tank raise soft coral. Anyone out there have an experience with this or can give me any info said:
[Hmmm, I set up an SPS tank and I have brown star polpys encroaching on all my stuff on one end, green stars and Pink Polyps growing everything out on the other end, and xenia growing so fast up the glass that I can't see anything anymore. So, I'd say the best way to grow out soft corals quickly for sale is to try to raise an SPS tank. :laugh:

Seriously though, if you provide them decent conditions they will grow very fast. Soft corals outstretch hard corals pretty good. You'd have enough to sell periodically, but not enough to make a complete business on with two 250gal tanks.]

[Thanks Kevin for you reply!!! I am lucky that this endeavor does not have to support itself. I am setting up these tanks, and hopefully a few others in the back office of my exisiting retail store. Just hobby in the beginning but maybe sell or trade in the near future.

Thanks again

Todd]