Search results

1. S

GHL 5fan, Tunze regulator, misc

New 3/4" Cepex true union ball valave - $10 New - Two Little Fishies 1/2 in ball valves - $2 each Used - in good condition - Tunze regulator $50 Used - in good condition - GHL 5 fan Propeller breeze - $75 Opened - hardly used - ESV Kakwasser powder 14oz container. $10 Location - far North...
  2. S

CORAL CARE GEN 2 WITH REEFBRITE XHO

2 Coral Care Gen 2 white fixures with Reefbrite XHO $450 each 1 Coral Care Gen 2 Controler $50 Good working order. Approximate 3 years old. Asking $800 for all or OBO. Location - Far north Dallas - near Dallas North Toll & Beltline
  3. S

Cleaning the closet - new lower prices

GHL BREEZE 6 FAN - used - $80 Tunze CO2 Regulator - used - $60 Solenoid valve - used - $25 Avast - The Plank Auto Feeder - like new - used for one day - sold Aqua Illumination - Refugium LED with mounting arm -used $100. Maxspect ICV6 - used - $40 Cepex 3/4" True Union ball valve - new $10...
  4. S

ATI POWER MODULE LED 4x54w T5.

ATI POWER MODULE LED 4x54w T5. Includes 4 new ATI blueplus bulbs. The Fixture is about three years old. $750 obo. Location, and far N Dallas, near Preston &  George Bush. 
  5. S

Saw job posting

Love this store. I 
  6. S

NYOS Quantum Skimmer

I typically purchase the majority of my fish supplies from local fish stores. Since I had an Amazon gift card I decided to get a new skimmer. After too much reading I decided to purchase the NYOS Quantum 120 skimmer. It is rated for tanks up to 130 gallons. My reef tank is 90 gallons. I liked...
  7. S

Prodibio BioDigest + Bioptim = diatoms. why?

I have been using Probidio BioDigest + Bioptim and have been extremely satisfied with the result. I starting using Prodibio products around Sept 2011. My brown chalices returned to their brilliant coloration and my other SPS have started growing fast with great coloration. The negative of...
  8. S

Prodibio BioDigest + Bioptim = diatoms. why?

I have been using Probidio BioDigest + Bioptim and have been extremely satisfied with the result. I starting using Prodibio products around Sept 2011. My brown chalices returned to their brilliant coloration and my other SPS have started growing fast with great coloration. The negative of...
  9. S

R/O issues

I have been having issues with my R/O water. Live in Dallas. I have changed all my filters, the membrane, and the the DI resin. The tap TDS is 161. R/O before DI - TDS is 85. After DI - TDS 20. All filters/membrane/resin are from Bulk Reef Supply. Not sure where the system is failing or if...
  10. S

Excital red slime remover review

Step one - take a pic. I took the phosban reactor off the tank for a month, that was a mistake. I put it back on today for the green algae seen in the pic. I also changed all the water filters & membrane. The TDS meter was in the double digits. As seen in the pic - there is cyno on the...
  11. S

Elegance coral eats tang

My clowns host in a my two large elegance corals. I have/had a Powder Brown tang that was in a constant battle with the larger of the clown fish. Last night the Powder Brown tang was looking great. Now it is being eaten. I am amazed that it actually fit into one of the elegance mouths.
  12. S

Skimmer

I have wondered how important a skimmer is to long term success. Recently my skimmer impeller went out - so I went without a skimmer while I tried to find an impeller. My zoos really seemed to love the lack of a skimmer. I did find an impeller, but it did not work as well. I noticed my nitrate...
  13. S

Zoa Extraction

I was zoo shopping and notice a rock with a few zoos that I really liked mixed in with lots of zoos that I really did not like. Normally I would just pass, unless the zoos were easy to cut out. I literally removed these one zoo at a time from a rock covered in small green zoos. I am hoping these...
  14. S

90g conversion

Seahorses have outgrown the Neo Nano. Solution - buy a Neo 90g tank! I like the dimensions of the tank and overall quality relative to price. Dislikes - overflow box is cheap, silicone is clear instead of black, both holes for overflow are 1". Plan is to get an overflow box cover in blue, then...
  15. S

Changing salt brands

I have been using Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt for a few years now and have been very disappointed with the last two buckets. I knew something was up as my magnesium and PH would be significantly lower after a water change. I finally took the time to test a fresh mix / 10 hours of mixing. Salinity...
  16. S

Neo Nano!

Yup - a nano build log. The good news - it will not take long. DeepSea Aquatics 34g nano tank and stand. Last night and most of today was spent taking down my 140g reef and with the help of a few great reefers it now sits in my garage till a new home is found. I am hoping to get the plumbing...
  17. S

MaxiJet Utility pump - 4500 & 5500

Has anyone used the MaxiJet Utility pump - 4500 or 5500? Thoughts?? What are the dimensions? How does it compare to a Quite One 4000 or 6000? Sound? Heat? Quality? My Quite One 6000 is too much flow for my tanks needs.
  18. S

Red turf!!!

See pic - very short red algae. Does not pull off by hand. It grows over and kills coraline algae. This stuff grows really fast. Ran several searches on this on other boards without much luck. * My tank has ideal conditions for this algae - 0 phosphates and 0 nitrates - with Salifert test...
  19. S

zebra angel - updated pic 8/20/08

Picked this pair up at Exotic Aquatics the other day.