1. T

Looking for a sump

If you're still looking, I have one
  2. T

Trigger systems sump

Trigger systems 30. Refugium, skimmer and return section $75
  3. T

fuge light killed itself

Has anyone ever had a light take a dive into their tank. Our refugium led light decided to commit suicide tonight by falling in. I heard small splash tonight but didnt notice it was the light until about 2 hours later when I went to feed . I noticed the display was cloudy and started...
  4. T

Bad bad fish.

Does any one have a fish trap I can barrow or buy or know of a fish store in the 817 area that has one. I have a pearl scale butterfly that has decided all of my corals taste good after 7 months of being in this tank. Catching him with a net is not going to happen with all of our rock.
  5. T

Any ideas on what this is ???

We had just turned the lights back on, and my wife saw what looks like a kind of worm in between the heads on our frogspawn. Any ideas what it is and is it bad ?
  6. T

Hot Glue

My wife and I are trying to catch our tang so we were going to make a trap out of a bottle. She's too fast for a net. We dont have any marine glue and super glue doesn't bond . She suggested hot glue and said it might be toxic to the fish . Does any one know if it is?
  7. T

Frogspawn question.

We acquired some frogspawn tonight but it has some hair algae and some small bugs on it. We dont have any of the coral dip and my wife was wanting to wait til in the morning to get some before putting it in our display tank. How long can we keep the fs in a bucket and should we put an airstone...
  8. T

Shellie's Tank

OK my wife and I decided about a month ago that the tank we bought used HAS to go. This was supposed to be my tank so I could have a clown, but she has become more addicted, so its now OUR tank . We were very naive when we bought the first one and trusted that when the seller said it was 105...
  9. T

Nudibranchs and Bristle worms

Well my wife and I bought some Beghia Nudibranch's tonight from the lfs. Put them in the tank to get rid of the aptasia. Had no idea we were feeding the bristleworms $50 bucks . We were told by a different lfs not to worry about the bristle worms. Not real happy right now. Would have been nice...
  10. T

Hospital Tank

Hello everyone, in the last 2 days we have lost 3 of our 5 fish.Need help setting up our 10 gallon for the last 2 fish,clown and goby (if I'm not to late). I need a very small powerhead if anybody has one I could buy for real cheap or borrow. Please call or text me (817)705)7769 Thanks ,James.
  11. T

Looks like ich

Ok , yesterday we discovered that nitrates were way high this was discovered about 4 pm at the lfs who did a test for us just like a week and a half ago everything then was supposibly normal ( I assume , yes I know what that means). The test yesterday nitrates were " extremely high" was the...
  12. T

Nitrates off the charts !!!

Ok , bought a used up and running tank about 4 weeks ago. Its a 105 gal. During initial setup we added 30 gallons of new salt water ,waited about 2 days and had the water tested ,everything was where it should be. week and a half later did a 10 gallon water change. The only major change has been...
  13. T

RODI newbie question.

Hi everyone, The used tank we bought came with a RODI unit the guy said was real good, but we can't find the brand or model on it. We can't remember which line he said was waste and which was good. It is a 4 stage ,3 canisters under a metal bracket with the membrane canister laying across the...
  14. T

What is this ????

Ok ,the wife and I bought some live rock yesterday from Pet-o-rama, and we discovered it had this on it . Could anyone tell me what it is please ? http://www.flickr.com/photos/39496585@N02/7541188060/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/39496585@N02/7541191984/...
  15. T

New tank overflow help

We bought a used DAS tank that has been converted not use the das filtration . It has a sump but we cannot get the flow to balance . It either sucks the sump dry slowly or overfills it. Please help