Recent content by tdreefer

1. T

Got rotifers?

[Got some maroon babies I want try raising and I need a stater culture fast. Phyto too.]
  2. T

Snails in the fuge?

[Do any of you keep snails in your fuge? Just wondering since that's where most of the waste winds up settling.]
  3. T

This sucks!

[Get this - Ammonia - 0, Nitrites - 0, Nitrates <.25 , PH 8.0-8.2, Alk - Normal, mandarin goby, mated maroons, yellow tang, anemone, coral beauty are all fine. :nod: Copperband, Hawk, and Anthia - after two weeks eating and doing fine - all dying today. :cry: I did an emergency water change...
  4. T

What pump for a calcium reactor, gphs?

[I need to get a pump for my calcium reactor and I'm just wondering what kind of flow do I need - if its not that much the via aqua 1200/1300 seems like it would do the job as well as the ehiem 1250? Thanks in advance.]
  5. T

Best calcium reactor media

[Just got my reactor, can't wait to set it up, but I wanted to see what you guys thought first. Crushed coral? Branded media? Which has lowest dissolved phosphates? BTW - I've got adout 50lbs of crushed coral just sitting in garage.]
  6. T

Beware! bristleworms/fireworms hurt

[I've always been kind of cavalier about the little guys. But Friday night, as I was rearranging some of the rock in my tank, a big mother (at least a 4"er) got me good on my thumb. It stung a bit and left a small paper cut looking laceration. I went and put on gloves and completed my task...
  7. T

Xenia and alopora dying - i'm clueless

[parameters are all zero or within limits. Even tested for copper - none. My hammers and zoos are doing fine. And even my anemone (which is usually a great barometer) is fine. Any thoughts?]