Recent content by Sunny

1. S

Fuse for IC660?

Does anyone know where I can get a fuse for one of my Ice Cap 660's? Thanks for the help! 8)
  2. S

Chili Coral

I purchased an awesome Chili Coral yesterday and once I mentioned it to a friend they said "oh my ~ those are hard to keep" So, anyone keeping one? Any special treatment? Thanks for the help!
  3. S

Calcium

Ok guys, my tank was running just fine and the last few days my corals, 1 monti and the rest mushrooms, rics, zoas, decide to not open or take on an unusual color! I have tested for the basics (which is all fine) and for ALK and Cal. The ALK is low and I discovered that my calcium test kit is...
  4. S

Kenya Tree gone crazy

About 2 weeks ago my Kenya Tree looked great, growing and beautiful about 8" tall. Then it started looking as though something was on the base of it and it was dying. I let it go to watch and see what would happen. I was tempted to pull it out several times fearing that it would hurt some of...
  5. S

Clean sand bed?

How does everyone go about keeping their sand bed looking clean? I have some brown stuff that builds up and I have been vacuuming it out, along with sand, UGH. I got a sand sifting star that has seemed to help some, but I still see a build up around the edges of the rock and in the back where...
  6. S

Cyclop-eeze

I would like to start feeding Cyclop-eeze (frozen).... Does anyone know which LFS carry it? :)
  7. S

Anemone spawning - 2 days in a row?

[Has anyone had experience with their anemone spawning (blowing smoke basically) twice in 2 days? This happened Saturday and then again today (Monday), just wonder if this is normal behavior or am I looking at the anemone becoming sick or possibly splitting? hummmmmm. Thanks for any help!]
  8. S

U tube getting air

[After about 2 weeks of running fine, my U tube seems to be getting air in it. It starts out with just a little air and continually builds a larger air pocket and starts putting too much water in the tank! I have cleaned the overflow line so there is no restriction there, it all seems to be...
  9. S

Reflector?

[I am getting ready to install new VHO's and I need a reflector? Any ideas on a DIY style? They are 46.5" and need to fit inside my canopy...]
  10. S

Retrofit lighting - T5 installation

[OK guys, I am going to get some T5 lights... Now ~ here is the deal I am not an electrician and the retrofit is what I need to go with. Can anyone recommend where I could take the retro and canopy and have them installed? Please don't say it's easy cuz' I figure it probably is if you have the...
  11. S

Overflow rate - How to figure

[Hi guys, I need to replace the pump in my sump and I plan on adding a squid.... How can I figure what my current overflow rate is so that I can do the math on what size pump that I need? Also, what is the recommended gph for a 75 gallon tank? Thanks for the help!]
  12. S

White spots, again

[Hi guys, well I can truly say I will Never~Ever put a fish into my tank without QT first.... this is driving me crazy! I see a couple of spots on my Yellow Tang (when he slows down enough~no he is not rubbing, just fast and likes to hide in the back when I walk up to the tank) and on one of...
  13. S

Salinity up

[I did a 20% water change and just found my salt at 1.026, what's up with that. The water that I put in was 1.021. hummmm Another water change 'fresh water" on the way. (in the next hour) What is this going to do to my inhabitants?]
  14. S

Best hob filter

[What is the best HOB Filter in everyone opinion? It will be used for a 45 gallon. Thanks!]
  15. S

Introducing fish

[I am planning on adding a Yellow Tang and Royal Gramma to the existing 2 TB Clowns and 2 Green Chromis. The only other fish that is in the plan is a Coral Beauty and Mantarin (last but not least - another 8 to 10 months~ bummer) Here is the question. Does anyone see a problem with adding the...