Recent content by steelcaveman

1. S

CORAL CARE GEN 2 WITH REEFBRITE XHO

2 Coral Care Gen 2 white fixures with Reefbrite XHO $450 each 1 Coral Care Gen 2 Controler $50 Good working order. Approximate 3 years old. Asking $800 for all or OBO. Location - Far north Dallas - near Dallas North Toll & Beltline
  2. S

No. It has the original. Looks like it can be upgraded for about $40

No. It has the original. Looks like it can be upgraded for about $40
  3. S

Cleaning the closet - new lower prices

GHL BREEZE 6 FAN - used - $80 Tunze CO2 Regulator - used - $60 Solenoid valve - used - $25 Avast - The Plank Auto Feeder - like new - used for one day - sold Aqua Illumination - Refugium LED with mounting arm -used $100. Maxspect ICV6 - used - $40 Cepex 3/4" True Union ball valve - new $10...
  4. S

ATI POWER MODULE LED 4x54w T5.

ATI POWER MODULE LED 4x54w T5. Includes 4 new ATI blueplus bulbs. The Fixture is about three years old. $750 obo. Location, and far N Dallas, near Preston &  George Bush. 
  5. S

Saw job posting

Love this store. I 
  6. S

NYOS Quantum Skimmer

I typically purchase the majority of my fish supplies from local fish stores. Since I had an Amazon gift card I decided to get a new skimmer. After too much reading I decided to purchase the NYOS Quantum 120 skimmer. It is rated for tanks up to 130 gallons. My reef tank is 90 gallons. I liked...
  7. S

Prodibio BioDigest + Bioptim = diatoms. why?

I have been using Probidio BioDigest + Bioptim and have been extremely satisfied with the result. I starting using Prodibio products around Sept 2011. My brown chalices returned to their brilliant coloration and my other SPS have started growing fast with great coloration. The negative of...
  8. S

Prodibio BioDigest + Bioptim = diatoms. why?

I have been using Probidio BioDigest + Bioptim and have been extremely satisfied with the result. I starting using Prodibio products around Sept 2011. My brown chalices returned to their brilliant coloration and my other SPS have started growing fast with great coloration. The negative of...
  9. S

R/O issues

I have been having issues with my R/O water. Live in Dallas. I have changed all my filters, the membrane, and the the DI resin. The tap TDS is 161. R/O before DI - TDS is 85. After DI - TDS 20. All filters/membrane/resin are from Bulk Reef Supply. Not sure where the system is failing or if...
  10. S

Excital red slime remover review

Step one - take a pic. I took the phosban reactor off the tank for a month, that was a mistake. I put it back on today for the green algae seen in the pic. I also changed all the water filters & membrane. The TDS meter was in the double digits. As seen in the pic - there is cyno on the...
  11. S

Elegance coral eats tang

My clowns host in a my two large elegance corals. I have/had a Powder Brown tang that was in a constant battle with the larger of the clown fish. Last night the Powder Brown tang was looking great. Now it is being eaten. I am amazed that it actually fit into one of the elegance mouths.
  12. S

Skimmer

I have wondered how important a skimmer is to long term success. Recently my skimmer impeller went out - so I went without a skimmer while I tried to find an impeller. My zoos really seemed to love the lack of a skimmer. I did find an impeller, but it did not work as well. I noticed my nitrate...
  13. S

Zoa Extraction

I was zoo shopping and notice a rock with a few zoos that I really liked mixed in with lots of zoos that I really did not like. Normally I would just pass, unless the zoos were easy to cut out. I literally removed these one zoo at a time from a rock covered in small green zoos. I am hoping these...
  14. S

90g conversion

Seahorses have outgrown the Neo Nano. Solution - buy a Neo 90g tank! I like the dimensions of the tank and overall quality relative to price. Dislikes - overflow box is cheap, silicone is clear instead of black, both holes for overflow are 1". Plan is to get an overflow box cover in blue, then...
  15. S

Changing salt brands

I have been using Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt for a few years now and have been very disappointed with the last two buckets. I knew something was up as my magnesium and PH would be significantly lower after a water change. I finally took the time to test a fresh mix / 10 hours of mixing. Salinity...