Recent content by shane054

1. S

JBJ canopy

I can't find a good pic of the lighting setup on the JBJ 24 DX online. I know what the setup is just not sure how much space is left to make additions such as adding LED strips. Could someone do me a favor and take a pic of your canopy and post it here so I can have a better idea of what I'd...
  2. S

Archohelia

anyone else here on the forums have any Archohelia? Bought 3 frags last week on Cherry Corals and they are doing great in my tank. Just wondering how many other people have this coral and how much luck your having with it.
  3. S

vortech mp10

Any LFS carry the Vortech MP10?
  4. S

what would you......

Ive got a 12 gallon nano that will house a clam, pink duncans, green duncans, and 2 dendros. I will put a few pieces of sps in the tank im just not sure which ones. I would like to do rare pieces only. What sps would you put in the tank? List your top 5 and feel free to post pics as that...
  5. S

berghia nudibranch

does anyone have some of these to sell or know where to get them localy?
  6. S

metal halide question

I am looking to replace the 150 watt HQI bulb that came in my 28g nano. I want to replace it with a 20k bulb. In your opinion who makes the best/bluest 20k bulb? Thanks, Shane
  7. S

Nano*Reef Part A & B

does anyone use this? If so can you tell me how much and how often, or any additional information on this product. Thanks, Shane
  8. S

Nano*Reef Part A & B

does anyone use this? If so can you tell me how much and how often, or any additional information on this product. Thanks, Shane
  9. S

DIY food

so I made my own fish food after checking out some other recipes. I used a seafood mix from TNL superfood in Irving that contains shrimp, crab, squid, octopus,mussel, and surimi. I added cyclopeeze, cyclops, baby brine, rotifers, brine, mysis, beefheart, bloodworms, krill, and plankton, and...
  10. S

dude look lke a lady!

so.... for the second time this week I purchased what I thought to be a suitable mate for my male target mandarin, only to find out that once again I picked another male(I think)! I was almost sure that this one was a female as its dorsal fin looked short. As soon as I introduced "shim" to the...
  11. S

a lil help please

anyone know where i can see a clear pic of the difference of a male target mandarin vs. a female? I know the males have a longer fin but i have seen several that are just too close to call. The reason I ask is that i purchased what i believe to be a female for my male target dragonet and he...
  12. S

Mandarin - opening the floodgates

So, I can already hear some people cringing with the thought of it but yes, I have a dragonet in my 28 gallon nano! I like many of you are totaly blown away with the amazing coloration, swimming style, and hunting habits of these little guys. I have another dragonet in a 40 breeder that has...
  13. S

I was bored....

and remembered that I had a 12 gallon nano in my closet that I got from a member a while ago. I also had several LED lights sitting around so I decided to put the lights in the nano and here is what I got. I might just set this up as a frag tank.
  14. S

NatuRose / Vibrance

anyone out there use NatuRose or Vibrance for food enrichment? If so please give some feedback. Thanks, Shane
  15. S

thanks

thanks everyone for the help. Today after work I stopped by Petorama and got some ghost shrimp and some guppies. As soon as I got home I threw one of each in and in a matter of seconds they were resting deep inside my lionfish's stomach. I must admit that it was pretty cool to watch my newest...