thanks

shane054

Premium Member
thanks everyone for the help. Today after work I stopped by Petorama and got some ghost shrimp and some guppies. As soon as I got home I threw one of each in and in a matter of seconds they were resting deep inside my lionfish's stomach. I must admit that it was pretty cool to watch my newest addition hunt those poor unsuspecting little guppies. The shrimp however seemed scared to death and almost begging for mercy. I hope one day he will accept frozen food but untill then I will enjoy feeding him living creatures. By the way the shrimp and the guppies were very inexpensive(12 for 2 dollars) ,so I dont mind keeping this up for a while.

If you will hold the guppies by the tail and wiggle them at the water surface until you have his attention, then release them when he gets close, it won't take long and he'll gulp down anything you stick in the water. Of course be careful when doing this. Don't put your hand in the water. Just enough of the guppy for him to see it. You don't want to be stung.