Recent content by Rkasell

1. R

Sps dying and Green slime algae in refugium/sump

So lately I've been having weird coral death in my tank... So my parameters are good and stable, got my temp swing down to 80 in the morning to 80.6 in the afternoon, no stray electricity, lighting (vega) is probably lower than it should be but no browning just stn'ing. All of my bigger lps and...
  2. R

Temp sways in nano tank... Help

So I have a 30 gallon nano with a 20 gallon sump with refuge. My temps are swaying from 80.3 at night to 81.6 in the peak afternoons. The apartment is a steady 73 degrees but im sure my vega is the cause of the heat even though it's no metal halide. My refuge light only runs at night and it...
  3. R

Blue hippo ich?

Im sorry I don't have the best pictures but from what I've read this doesn't look like ich to me. Is love someone else's opinion with tangs! It's right below the gill on either side... Only been in my tank since yesterday and I only had two baby spotted cardinal in it beforehand. alt="">...
  4. R

Blue tang not too happy

So I just introduced a baby hippo tang and a cleaner shrimp into my system with two spotted baby cardinals and the hippo tang has gotten out of the corner and is like rubbing up against my coral and rock and just acting crazy... I know it's new for him but is it normal that he's acting like he's...
  5. R

Frogspawn splitting or dying?

So my frog spawn has slowly shrunk in size this past week and now has a bubble in the center of it.... Is this splitting or is showing that it's unhealthy? alt=""> alt=""> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. R

BTA Has been acting very strange. Are these habits Normal?

Okay so about 3 weeks ago I bought a BTA that didn't have much of a color, more white than anything but it looked perfectly healthy at Franks Tanks (yet was in the zoa tank which has constant deep blue lighting) and did fine in my tank for the first day or two. Here's the strange part after...