Temp sways in nano tank... Help

So I have a 30 gallon nano with a 20 gallon sump with refuge. My temps are swaying from 80.3 at night to 81.6 in the peak afternoons. The apartment is a steady 73 degrees but im sure my vega is the cause of the heat even though it's no metal halide. My refuge light only runs at night and it really doesn't get that hot... Buuuut in that case I'll post some pics of my set up and I'd love for some input on what you guys might think. I'm looking for a fix besides a chiller since I really don't have any room nor want to spend much on getting my temp more stable. Fans? Thanks :)
6e8yja4e.jpg
alt="">
ene9ate7.jpg
alt="">
4apamagu.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe LEDs for a refugium light, and check all your pumps, and power heads to see if any are running hot, or if there are pumps, and/or power heads available that run cooler.

It's your sump light, Leds do cause some heat, but the bulk of the heat is probably coming from the sump light since they run hot. It takes awhile to get the temp to cool down without any type of fan blowing across the surface. If you want to lower your temp, get a small fan to blow across the top of your water surface... That alone will drop your temp down by 3-4 degrees. Diy yourself some 120mm computer fans or buy a clip on type. You def do not need a chiller. Look at Aquatek, they clip on and are pretty cheap, or the hundreds of other fans out there you can use.

Your temps are fine honestly. I've got two tanks. My 65 gallon runs around 79-81 and my 14 gallon nano runs 80-82. Big swings can be a problem obviously, but temps you mentioned are fine if stable.

Have you double checked your temperature with a regular thermometer? Just curious because that's 7-8 degrees above the room temperature which seems like a lot. And, like others said, I don't think the Vega has that much to do with it. As long as it's stable at that temp, though, I wouldn't worry too much.

@Grant wrote:
Have you double checked your temperature with a regular thermometer? Just curious because that's 7-8 degrees above the room temperature which seems like a lot. And said:
+1
I agree. That is a huge difference in the temp. I would get a second thermometer to check the temp first. If the delta is indeed that huge, I would go straight to the first source. Your heater. Unplug it and see if the tank cools down and gets close to the temp of the ambient root temp. If so, there is your problem. Other than that, of course your return pump will put off some heat, but 7-8 degrees seems super excessive. you should be able to put your hands on the pumps and you would know instantly if they were heating the water that much.

If you can try and take that metal housing off the fuge light. Just have that light hang from the stand. That should help with some of the heat issues. Also maybe cut another hole in the back of the stand for more airflow under the sump.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Don't mess up the clean look of your tank by putting a fan up top. Just point one towards the sump water.

If the bottom of your stand is pretty air tight, cut another small hole in the back away from the fan you already have in the back. Use that fan as an exhaust fan (blowing out) if it already isn't. That will allow air to be drawn in from the new hole and the fan will pull out the hot air.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Btw, if you have an apex or other controller you can keep the temp of the tank very consistent by using the controller to turn the fan on and off. I have my apex set to come on at 80.5 and turn the fan off at 80.3. Leave the exhaust fan run all the time to keep the humidity low in the stand.

Between the exhaust fan and the fan pointed at the sump water, you should have no problem keeping your temps down.

If you don't have a problem, don't try to fix it. My two cents. Your temps are fine. My house is at 73 and my tanks are at the temps I mentioned.

Im going to make me a little custom fan for the sump since I already have an exhaust fan in the stand. But thanks for the input! I'll let you guys know how it goes

@mtraylor wrote:
I'm guessing its a mag said:
Yep thats why I am asking..... the #1 source of heat is the internal pump and Mags are usually the prime suspects. The light on the refuge would be a source as well if it wasn't reverse cycle.