Recent content by mholck

1. M

Leather Toadstool Growth

My mushroom leather coral has grown so much that it is now getting very near the surface of the water in my tank. Will it stop its vertical growth itself once it reaches the surface or will it continue to grow and require being given away to a larger tank?
  2. M

Aiptasia

Looks like my peppermint shrimp let me down and I now have a good size aiptasia growing out of one of my rocks in the back of the tank. Taking the rock out would be very complicated. There are several products for removing aiptasia out there but what has been people's experience as the best way...
  3. M

Clowns hosting coral

My clowns have decided since I do not have an anemone to host my brain coral. Does this damage or stress the coral with the clowns rubbing up against it? Should I do anything about it?
  4. M

Acan coral receding

All of my other corals seem to be doing fine (Leather, Zoas, Trumpet, Hammer, Brain) but my Acan is receding from the bottom up. It used to be about 15 polyps but it has lost about 7 of those on the bottom. Any ideas? PH 8.1 Salinity 1.025 Alk 10 Calcium 450 Temp 79-80 It is a 60 gallon tank...
  5. M

Sea Snake Anemone

I see these every once in a while on liveaquaria.com does anyone know anything about these? They look pretty interesting but I can not find any online information about them. Do clowns host in them? http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+4&ddid=187272