Aiptasia

mholck

Membership Expired
Looks like my peppermint shrimp let me down and I now have a good size aiptasia growing out of one of my rocks in the back of the tank. Taking the rock out would be very complicated. There are several products for removing aiptasia out there but what has been people's experience as the best way to rid the tank of it without removing the rock?

Aiptasia X, majano wand, joe's juice, etc...

App x actually works quite well for the occasional one. You could try adding another pep shrimp too. I've found some are great, others not so much.

If it is just one aptasia leave it alone and it will generally not spread. From what I have read and learned from past experiences they will not multiply until you try to kill it then they spread like crazy. I've used aptasia x a few times with success and a few times that just caused the aptasia to grow 10x more.

Hmmmm...... Well I ordered a bottle of Aiptasia X but it has not yet arrived. It is only one Aiptasia at this point. I suppose I could wait and see if more start to appear before using the aiptasia x I just don't want to get a huge aiptasia explosion.