Clowns hosting coral

mholck

Membership Expired
My clowns have decided since I do not have an anemone to host my brain coral. Does this damage or stress the coral with the clowns rubbing up against it? Should I do anything about it?

This is a pretty common thing to happen with clowns. Some corals respond very little to this and some respond very negatively. Just keep an eye on it. You will know soon enough.

I had a clown kill a head on my favorite torch by hosting it to vigorously so be cautious.

My clown seems to spend most of the day hanging out in the middle of my one ricordea. She leaves it at night, but as soon as the lights are back on, she goes right back to it.

My clown has hosted duncans, frogspawn, nepthea, and now hosts a big hairy shroom that occasionally tries to close up on him. They are interesting little fish for sure.

OK thanks I guess I will just keep a watch on the brain coral for now. If it starts to have problems I guess the only option is to get an anemone and hope the clowns move over to it?

My Black and white Ora took to a Rose bubble tip. Then I had to sell it cause I moved and they then went to my gonipora and didn't hurt it.