Recent content by Matthew.yowell

1. M

Which rock should I start with?

I know I will be using all dry rock from either Marco or bulkreefsupply.com. I will not be seeding it with live rock at all. I just want to know what dry rock everyone thinks I should buy. And why?
  2. M

What is on my glass?

I have do some spots all over my glass. I looked close and they are green and they have a lot of hair or legs growing from it. I can't get a pic. I tried but to small. Different sizes but all are very small. They are all I we my glass but I didn't even notice them until I got real close.
  3. M

Garf bonsai turning brown. Help!!!

I got a garf bonsai that is starting to turn brown underneath and moving up one side. Does anybody have any idea why? My parameter are good. It has good amount of flow hitting it. I bought it from a guy that was using metal halide two weeks ago. I have a radion gen2 led that is acclimating mode...
  4. M

Need help dosing

I am new to this and was told I need to dose. I have seachem 2 part calcium and alkalinity. And I have seachem magnesium that looks like salt. Can someone tell me how to start dosing without killing everything? And also I would like to know how to keep dosing weekly or daily schedule without...
  5. M

What is this on my clownfish

What is this all over my clown? One already died. I just introduced snails and hermits. Not sure if ich, velvet, or brooklynella.
  6. M

Help on setup 10 gallon

I have two 10 gallon tanks. I want to make one of them my quarantine tank and the other a softie with a pair of clowns. Anybody have any ideas on how I should set these up light sand rock etc. thanks
  7. M

Rodi unit question

I just got in a 75 gallon per day brs rodi unit. I set it up and am flushing it out for 1 hour according to instructions. My question is; should the "good" water from the blue tube just be dripping out or should there be a good flow? I know there is a lot of waste but This rate does not seem...
  8. M

Help with raising food for fish and coral

I would like to raise my own fish food. But have no idea how or what kind to raise. Can someone tell me what I could raise, how to do it, and what I could feed with it?
  9. M

How many ai sol lights will I need for a 65 gallon?

I am looking into getting ai sol LEDs. I have a 65 gallon that is 36" wide 24" tall and 18" front to back. Haw many ai sol will I need to get good growth on a mix of lps and softies? And I'm also interested in buying one used if anyone has one for sale