How many ai sol lights will I need for a 65 gallon?

I am looking into getting ai sol LEDs. I have a 65 gallon that is 36" wide 24" tall and 18" front to back. Haw many ai sol will I need to get good growth on a mix of lps and softies? And I'm also interested in buying one used if anyone has one for sale

3rd that. I had two over a 75g, running the length of the tank. So you can get two, run them front to back I I . if you feel they are not the right coverage, you can try left to right - -.

Ok. Thanks. Do y'all think I could use a four bulb 156w t5 and 1 ai sol blue. I would use t5 scooted back and the ai sol up front in the center

@Matthew.yowell wrote:
Ok. Thanks. Do y'all think I could use a four bulb 156w t5 and 1 ai sol blue. I would use t5 scooted back and the ai sol up front in the center said:
I'd run one or the other personally, you won't get ample enough coverage from 1 AI Sol to make it worth the cost. If cost is your primary factor you could look at buildmyled lights (I have them personally) or reefbreeders (another very popular LED option that many in the club use).

I have 3 AI sol blues over my frag tank and I have a maxspect razor 120w 16k over my 60 cube and I really like my AI sols a lot better. The color is better in my opinion.

@BigD wrote:
I would look at the Maxspect Razor as well. I have the 160w and love it. said:
X2. Why use two AI when you can use one razor. The razor is also has a wider spectrum of light. The only difference is the razor doesn't do the gimicky thunderstorm which hardly anyone uses after the newness wears off

@DaveG99 wrote:
[I]@BigD wrote:[/I][quote="I would look at the Maxspect Razor as well. I have the 160w and love it. said:
X2. Why use two AI when you can use one razor. The razor is also has a wider spectrum of light. The only difference is the razor doesn't do the gimicky thunderstorm which hardly anyone uses after the newness wears off"]

Ok there is a lot more differences than that Dave I own both lights as I stated and the AI sols have the better controller and are Easier to program as well as it has a way more controllability thru time channels the LEDs as well look brighter I don't know why maybe better bins of LEDs. they just do.
But the maxspect has some differences like a border spectrum of light and the tank mount that comes with it and a few other minor differences.
If I had to choose id go with AI over maxspect. But they do cost more.

The new AI hydra just came out its pretty nice too.

I think programming on the maxspect is a piece of cake. I also think the razor looks nicer than the AI. And I prefer to pay $500 vs what ever two AI's cost. Im guessing $900-$ 1000. And I know where to get the razors at a 10% discount.

@DaveG99 wrote:
I think programming on the maxspect is a piece of cake. I also think the razor looks nicer than the AI. And I prefer to pay $500 vs what ever two AI's cost. Im guessing $900-$ 1000. And I know where to get the razors at a 10% discount. said:
Price is a big difference the maxspect gives a lot for your money.

For a 65 gallon VHO and PC lights are nice and easy to set up. In case of soft corals the the 2 above will do fine and for hard corals there is need to look at MH.

@Harris625 wrote:
For a 65 gallon VHO and PC lights are nice and easy to set up. In case of soft corals the the 2 above will do fine and for hard corals there is need to look at MH. said:
But you have to buy bulbs every year. LED'S..... No bulb changes

Thanks all. I got a radion gen 2 led for it. I was sold that it would be plenty. If not I will get another. I will test it out for a couple of months and let y'all know.