Recent content by Joe

1. J

100-gallon DSA Tank set up

Allen, Texas100-gallon DSA Tank set up ($700)Includes, tank drilled with overflow, stand, sump, pump, plumbing, LED lightingSicce 5.0 PumpTrigger Ruby 30 SumpCurrent USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light (48-60-Inch)Tank/Stand Dimensions  Tank48″ wide20″ deep24″ tallStand33-34″ tallTotal height...
  2. J

RED SEA REEFER 170 (34 GAL) - $650

Selling Red Sea Reefer 170Purchased from someone who only used it for 6 months and never ended up using it myself. (Have to make room for a new baby)In great shape!!! Details of the 170 below. Please send any questions and offers.  Return pump not included - We suggest either the Sicce Syncra...
  3. J

QT Questions

Set up a 20g QT tank. Had a Flamehawk fish go through no problem. Then about 2 weeks ago we ordered 3 fish from liveaquaria.com 1 Purple Tang, 1 Flame Angle, 1 Royal Gramma.... The Royal Gramma passed about 3 days later and then the Flame Angle died about 2 days or so later.  All were eating and...
  4. J

Minimal Lighting for QT for Coral

Wondering what the best CHEAP lighting option is for a 20g/30" long QT tank. I would like to start using this to QT soft and or lps corals.  Not sure what the best cheap option is.  Would love to stay as far under $100 as I can, but keep the coral alive for a month or so. :) Thanks for the input! 
  5. J

Can you Dip a Clean Up Crew

So I never want to add anything to my tank without QT'ing again... but I don't know if that really going to work well with a cleanup crew.... So I was thinking... Can you dip snails, crabs, ect? Just like you do with corals?thanks for the input! :) 
  6. J

Hard Plumbing... or at least partly

Currently, I have flexible vinyl tubing off of the overflow and into the Sump.  My problem is that I have moved my Cheato into the first section of the sump since it is larger.... I have a very powerful LED light that grows the Cheato.... Amazingly!!!  .... but because the vinyl tubing is see...
  7. J

Vendor that QT's before Selling Live Stock?

[Does anyone know of a LFS that Quarantines their new arrivals before selling them to the public? ][ ][Have had quite a few fish lately that I have purchased, that looks healthy, place them in QT at home. Only to have them die a week or two later.... With all water quality levels looking good...
  8. J

Yellow Tang Won't eat

We had a parasite in our display tank, and our survivors, including our Yellow Tang, have been in QT for 7 weeks.We treated with copper for 14 days. Things went well for about 3 more weeks, then the fish in one of our QT tanks started becoming really stressed. The Tang stopped eating, and...
  9. J

55 gal Glass Tank and Hang On Back Filter

Upgraded to a larger tank. Selling my old 55g glass aquarium with HOB Filter & Sand.  ($65)Happy to meet you somewhere, somewhat close to Allen.   
  10. J

Reef Octopus Classic 1000 Hang-on-Back Protein Skimmer

<h1 style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;font-family: VAGRoundedStdBold, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 17px;font-weight: normal;color: #1b4278">Reef Octopus Classic 1000 Hang-on-Back Protein Skimmer ($150)</h1> -Only used for about 3 months total. (Upgraded my tank and now have an in sump...
  11. J

Help! My Fish are dying left and right!

About 2 weeks ago had a flame angle die. No signs of ick or other disease (pic below). From about that time I also have not seen our gold head goby who lives in one of the rocks.... feared dead.Then this morning my wife txt me and says many of the fish have white spots (they were fine last...
  12. J

Adding Fish: Order

Hello,My wife and I have come up with a list of fish we want to eventually add to our tank. Trying to figure out the best plan of action for adding which fish when. Would love any input! A Big Question is, knowing the Flame Angle & Yellow Tang can be aggressive... Should we add them at the same...
  13. J

WTB: XF250 Gyre Pump with Controller (5300 GPH) - Maxspect

Would love to buy a used gyre pump. Thanks! 
  14. J

Cleaning with Vinegar

I've read in a few places of people using a vinegar solution to clean your tank, parts, and such. Can anyone tell me what type of vinegar and how many parts vinegar vs water ect? Thanks! 
  15. J

My Return Pipe has... gas?

I have three questions.... 1) How do you control the water volume in your sump? Mine is a little high I think. It comes over the first wall in the sump from time to time. I need it pretty high, because I am using my hob skimmer from my last tank and I need the water level to be high enough for...