Minimal Lighting for QT for Coral

Joe

Membership Expired
Wondering what the best CHEAP lighting option is for a 20g/30" long QT tank. I would like to start using this to QT soft and or lps corals.  Not sure what the best cheap option is.  Would love to stay as far under $100 as I can, but keep the coral alive for a month or so. :) Thanks for the input! 

Used Chinese Black Box (LED)T5's - Usually you can find the fixtures pretty cheap.  Just cost you the bulbs.I'm sure there's a ton of other options but thats a couple.

Whatever you can get used, or whatever you didn't sell from your last upgrade.  For those with bigger tanks there is also the "borrow one from the display for a month" option, although that gets old fast.Much the same as fuge lights actually.  I went with a used black box for a while (it's dying, but not entirely dead yet).  In a pinch I've also used an old T5 that I have.  Looks silly putting a 5' light on just about anything other than a 5' tank, but hey, it works.You can often find used 250 W halide pendants at some of the LFS in the used section with a ballast and working (albeit old) bulb for under $50.  Be careful to keep these high, I like to acclimate most new frags as if they came from a low light situation.